Which 18" rims looks better on my E34? (Style 32 or AC Type II)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
alantiong;734642 said:
aiyo julian.. i was trying to psyco u on keeping the ac.. and sell the 32 to me.... kah kah kah

I know you asked John to help you look for 18" style 32 staggered.

He called me and I said NO to him.... hahahahha.

basically it's just a standard e34 bumper with brake ducts installed on them. Though it's just a minimal cosmetic change(also helps with brake cooling). But it makes the car looks wider, lower and more aggressive.

pic-7281.jpeg

dsc6753wy1.jpg

46caRvOt.jpg

33798_200488.jpg

You can diy http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Upgrade/540_ducts.htm

Iylia H;734766 said:
got mine installed by theva.

Did you buy it from Theva or he just did the installation?

Do you think the bumper will look well with "small nose"?

My car is a small nose... this is the photo that racunned me last time. I didn't cut my bumper just attach the duct below it. As my car is not lowered so, the duct creates the effect of a lowered car as the bumper now sit closer to the ground.
lipdemo.jpg

Bought the duct and installed by Theva.

i'm sorry, what i meant was, i bought the duct from theva... and theva installed it for me.

I send my Style 32 rims for repainting last week at a tyre shop in Sri Damansara. The tyre shop also has a rim repair shop just 3 doors away. The shop owner was nice enough to take me for a tour at the rim repair factory.

He explained to me in detail process of how it is done.

The process:
1. Check for roundness.
2. Paint removal down to bare metal.
3. Base coat application.
4. Paint application.
5. Clear coat application.
6. Oven bake.

That was a long process. What actually amazed me was physically seeing the process. All in all, it ain't going to be fast. They need exactly 1 week to get a set of rims done.

I have never been to that shop to get my rims recond before but I went there because a friend of mine recommended it. One thing I like about the place is that they will take out the rims and tyres for you and loan you a set of rims and tyres while waiting for your rims to be ready.

My style 32 ori colour was the ordinary silver. I was in a dilemma on which tone of silver to go for. The shop recommended the hyper silver which is a darker shade of silver. I was skeptical as I was worried it might turn out to be too flashy for an ol' school car. Anyway, I took a gamble and went for it.

One week went passed and I collected my rims yesterday. I bumped into bro Haywire during collection of rims. Coincidently, bro Haywire was also considering getting his M-Par recond. I was very impressed with the workmanship and bro Haywire thinks so too.

Its sparkling and shinning. I am still not used to it yet as I am thinking that it might be too flashy for my ol'school E34. Some said the car looks younger and I am still trying to get used to the hyper silver. May be I am too uncle..... hahahahah.

The below are the photos of the rims before and after with the new hyper silver paint.

This is my Style 32 with ordinary silver before recond.
32884b25.jpg

The new hyper silver
4907d2a5.jpg

Another view of the hyper silver finishing.
bd759ec1.jpg

Yet another view.
4236c6bc.jpg

What do you guys think of the hyper silver compared to my previous ordinary silver?

julianpang;736289 said:
I send my Style 32 rims for repainting last week at a tyre shop in Sri Damansara. The tyre shop also has a rim repair shop just 3 doors away. The shop owner was nice enough to take me for a tour at the rim repair factory.

He explained to me in detail process of how it is done.

The process:
1. Check for roundness.
2. Paint removal down to bare metal.
3. Base coat application.
4. Paint application.
5. Clear coat application.
6. Oven bake.

That was a long process. What actually amazed me was physically seeing the process. All in all, it ain't going to be fast. They need exactly 1 week to get a set of rims done.

I have never been to that shop to get my rims recond before but I went there because a friend of mine recommended it. One thing I like about the place is that they will take out the rims and tyres for you and loan you a set of rims and tyres while waiting for your rims to be ready.

My style 32 ori colour was the ordinary silver. I was in a dilemma on which tone of silver to go for. The shop recommended the hyper silver which is a darker shade of silver. I was skeptical as I was worried it might turn out to be too flashy for an ol' school car. Anyway, I took a gamble and went for it.

One week went passed and I collected my rims yesterday. I bumped into bro Haywire during collection of rims. Coincidently, bro Haywire was also considering getting his M-Par recond. I was very impressed with the workmanship and bro Haywire thinks so too.

Its sparkling and shinning. I am still not used to it yet as I am thinking that it might be too flashy for my ol'school E34. Some said the car looks younger and I am still trying to get used to the hyper silver. May be I am too uncle..... hahahahah.

The below are the photos of the rims before and after with the new hyper silver paint.

This is my Style 32 with ordinary silver before recond.
32884b25.jpg

The new hyper silver
4907d2a5.jpg

Another view of the hyper silver finishing.
bd759ec1.jpg

Yet another view.
4236c6bc.jpg

What do you guys think of the hyper silver compared to my previous ordinary silver?

Looks good Julian!
Brilliant!

Btw how much did they charge you for this job?

Assuming if no need to repair, it should be the region of 400~480 depending on colour for 18".

C'mon Julian...what is the shop name? I don't think it's Wheel Recon aka Ah Tee...I would like to refurbish my BBS RS too....:D:D

Paint 4 rims ~ $480
Repair 2 rims due to bengkok ~ $120
New tyre metal valves ~ $40 for 4 pieces.

I will tell you the address & shop name later coz the receipt is in the house

The address is:

583, Jalan 20, Taman Perindustrian Ehsan Jaya, 52100 Kepong, Selangor.

The tyre shop in a corner lot with big yellow Continental Tyre sign board on top.

Tel: 03-62743899

Top Bottom