Where to repair X5 side mirror

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

hkh_88

Club Guest
Hi all sifu, anyone know where to repair X5 E53 2005 side mirror. Now mine one side can't fold. Motor got sound but can't fold. Somemore while driving the whole mirror is moving. anyone know where can repair or can get a new or used unit. Mine comes with heater, and LED on the bottom :burnout:

Not sure if could be repaired. If the gears are just out of place then maybe. If broken, you have to replace it. Not an easy task to get a single replacement and its quite pricey.

Try Chan Used Parts 0377831106 but I am not sure if they do have stock.

beemerback;703565 said:
Not sure if could be repaired. If the gears are just out of place then maybe. If broken, you have to replace it. Not an easy task to get a single replacement and its quite pricey.

Try Chan Used Parts 0377831106 but I am not sure if they do have stock.

i guess is just the gear broken. The side mirror cover and mirror are ok. just cant fold but the motor is running.

Problem Solved. Found someone able to repair the side mirror. Anyone got problem on folding side mirror i can recommend.

hkh_88;709837 said:
Problem Solved. Found someone able to repair the side mirror. Anyone got problem on folding side mirror i can recommend.

Please advise me where do you get it fixed. Did he replace the gear Can you give me the contact?

Many thanks to Bro Jarance for instrumenting the recovery path for my folding mirror and his assistance is truly a benefit of becoming a member of this club and forum.

The cause of the failure of my car's folding wing mirror was due to a worn gear as illustrated below.....

20120219_162240.jpg

Mine left mirror can fold ... description fits exactly what u mentioned.. how and where did you solve the problem?

Top Bottom