Where to Fix/Buy Replacement Parts For E39

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

neohkw

Club Guest
Dear all,I had not opened up my bonnet to do some simple cleaning for a long while and I had a few nasty surprises when I opened it this morning.In Img 1, I saw that I have some sort of a cracked panel. Is it possible to have this replaced?In Img 2, I saw that one of the engine cover cap is missing. Can this also be replaced?In Img 3, I saw this one bolt lying on the black coloured tray located just behind the car's right headlamp. Any idea where this bolt should be located?My car is an E39 525i. ThanksNeoh

I changed item 1 in Happy Motor 5 years ago for rm150 and bought item 2 from Eng Soon for RM9 per piece.

Item 3 looks familiar but can not recall what the hell screw is that.

Item 3 is your air bleed screw for your cooling system. There's 2 of this screws. One is located next to the expansion tank top.
The other is along the hose going from radiator to the engine block. check if 1 of them is missing.

Many thanks to both BMW7833 and Bimmerholic! I will go source them out then!

Cheers to all you helpful guys!
Neoh

neohkw;515946 said:
Dear all,

I had not opened up my bonnet to do some simple cleaning for a long while and I had a few nasty surprises when I opened it this morning.

In Img 1, I saw that I have some sort of a cracked panel. Is it possible to have this replaced?

In Img 2, I saw that one of the engine cover cap is missing. Can this also be replaced?

In Img 3, I saw this one bolt lying on the black coloured tray located just behind the car's right headlamp. Any idea where this bolt should be located?

My car is an E39 525i. Thanks

Neoh

Bro you can buy all of them a bavarian Auto. Item in picture 3 is cooloing system bleeding screw. they are sold in BA. In the mean time you can use a 20 cents coint to loosen and tighten it.

Went to Happy Motors today and scheduled coming Tuesday to replace Item 1 & 2. Was quoted RM240 for Item 1 inclusive of installation. First time patronizing HM. Hope to restore the engine boot area to the spick-and-span look like before.

Cheers,
Neoh

If i am not mistaken i bought item 1 from Suan Huat in Seapark for RM120 but that was six months ago and it is not too difficult to fix it yourself .

dear all,

where can i find the abs pump unit for the 525i year 2002?? please hlp

hvban

hvb3025;518146 said:
dear all,

hvban

Confirm the unit kaput? Not cheap bro..

hvb3025;518146 said:
dear all,

hvban

Go to jalan chan sow lin after the traffic lights on the left. forgot the shop name

Getting more nasty surprise today. While I was washing my car, I noticed that the black plastic holding the front windscreen at the bottom is cracking (And where the wipers are located) Thanks!
Neoh

neohkw;519821 said:
Getting more nasty surprise today. While I was washing my car, I noticed that the black plastic holding the front windscreen at the bottom is cracking (And where the wipers are located) Thanks!
Neoh

Happens to my E46 also. Our sun is too hot for the plastic used.

Salut

neohkw;519821 said:
Neoh

U can get it change for less than RM300..:smokin:

bmw7833;519842 said:
U can get it change for less than RM300..:smokin:

Is there any chance for the front windshield to crack at the bottom when the plastic cover is removed?

bimmerholic;519857 said:
Is there any chance for the front windshield to crack at the bottom when the plastic cover is removed?

Not sure as i changed it when i replaced my front windshield. U can try to ask your mechanic if they are confident to do it for u.

bmw7833;518152 said:
Confirm the unit kaput? Not cheap bro..

yeap..not cheap...make sure you check other abs related items which are cheaper before you conclude the abs unit kaput...

hvb3025;518146 said:
dear all,

hvban

i have changed mine 03' 520i rm2k brand Bosch two months ago, hope this will help you,but you got to check the wheel sensor(more cheaper) first before you change the unit,cheers.

aiyo... two threads in one ?

hvb... start your own thread la.. confusing in here...

neohkw;519821 said:
Neoh

Hai Hai,

Got this plastic part replaced today at Happy Motors for RM280.

:rock:

Nice!

Neoh

Top Bottom