Where to buy good tire pressure gauge

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

machinehead

Club Guest
Anyone knows where to buy a good pressure gauge? I got one made in China and it only last for 6 months.

Bought the Accutire MS-5510B Racing Tire Gauge from ebay a year ago. Been happy with it ever since :top:

machinehead;347089 said:
Anyone knows where to buy a good pressure gauge? I got one made in China and it only last for 6 months.
PCL in ACE hardware, around RM 15, very reliable & famous brand made in UK. Most of it in the petrol station either analog or digital is made by PCL. its one of the most accurate n cheap analog gauge in the market (reading is very close to digital gauge)

I got another UK-made analogue one from Lim Tayar for RM20 and it's been working fine and accurate too. Michelin had one which worked very well too but I lost it and was looking for it to no avail.

i have a metal one from michelin. bought from lim tayar in taman tun. very reliable and bullet proof. but havent used it since i got my new E90 run flats :)

I have not really use a tyre gauge before in my past 2 decades of motoring life even I mistakenly bought a cheap one which I think designed for trucks because the minimum reading starts at 28psi and goes up to like 100psi.. :eek:

Learn to feel your tyres are very important as you should not stick to the same psi through out the life span of the tyres or for different compound tyres. Learn to read uneven tyre wear and be able to feel your tyres when driving is very important. Do u know if u have a flat? or under inflated tyres? From the bumpiness, noise, comfort level, cornering stability, wet surface grip, braking, pickup responsiveness, visual appearance, you can tell a lot about your tyre pressure at each wheel. A gauge is just a gauge and it just tells u 32psi, 34psi or even 36psi.. but only u can tell which psi "feels" right!

I used both; the feel and the gauge. What i do, i record every pressure (+- 5psi within 30psi) and drive for a few weeks on each set-up and feel which is the best for me and i will used that reading every time i check my tyre pressure. So, for me the gauge is necessary and i used the same gauge every time, every where.

By the way, i'm using the analog PCL gauge only. bought from the van that supply tools to workshops. They normally go to every workshop to market their tools. Coincidently i was there and i bought it for RM12. The last one i bought from hardware shop in ipoh for my sister cost me RM25

Top Bottom