where is temperature gauge meter???

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

chookleng

Club Guest
all sifuevery wonder where is our temeperature gauge meter for E60? do guide me how to see if the car is overheat since there is no meter showing in the screen. i realised tat long ago but only curious to know where is it lately. as such...hope all sifu can tell me where to see the car temperature. thx

by default there is no conventional temp gauge in the e60's...

it shud warns if the temp is abnormal via the iDrive...

Hahahaa..... our generation BMW no more temperature gauge lio.. :D That's the first thing I notice because I always monitor my car's temperature to warm up the engine before I take a spirited drive.. too bad my E90 don't have such gadget, so I just estimate the warm up time loo..

Dunno about the 2.5L N52 engine, my N46 320i engine don't even have an engine oil dipstick!!!! Want to see how black or burnt is my engine oil also kennot.. :(

Of course, you will still know if there's overheating because your OBC will tell u and if worst, it will stall your engine to prevent ignorant driver from abusing the engine. In a way its good because I know many don't look at temperature gauge when they drive until overheat and engine stall. So what's the point of having a temperature gauge.. :D

BMW is working towards online alert/diagnostic system so the moment your engine is detected overheating, it will notify your SC and your SC will contact u to bring the car in for check up or arrange appointment if the fault is not too serious. Too bad Malaysia don't have it yet.

both dude (astroboy & t2ribena) thx clearing up my curious on this issue. now no need keep worried and think about the things anymore since i can trust on my iDrive

There are many sensors in our engine and also sensors sensor to keep an eye on the critical sensors. BMW engineers put in a lot of effort into the car to let us focus into one thing and that's DRIVING!

It took me quite sometime to get use to this "cultural shocks"..

cultural shock = big money u paying for ur udm. LOL tat y its pretty shock...haha

chookleng;346283 said:
cultural shock = big money u paying for ur udm. LOL tat y its pretty shock...haha

Pay more for less... no temperature gauge, no engine oil dipstick.. :(

for the e60 engine warm up indicator they have this lines on the outer ring of the tacho meter that shows the rpms reading...if ur engine is cold the lines will mark lower rpm level to tell u dun rev past it...while the engine reaching the optimum operating temp the lines will move gradually to the normal revving rpms limit...hehe

chookleng;346213 said:
all sifu

every wonder where is our temeperature gauge meter for E60? do guide me how to see if the car is overheat since there is no meter showing in the screen. i realised tat long ago but only curious to know where is it lately. as such...hope all sifu can tell me where to see the car temperature. thx
Irregardless whether got temperature gauge meter or not, it is not very accurate (from what i had read). During cold, it will increase very fast. When overheat, it will increase like rocket & caught in limbo. Juz rem 2 top up ur expansion tank every month. Most likely only about 500ml (based on my E39).

t2ribena;346325 said:
for the e60 engine warm up indicator they have this lines on the outer ring of the tacho meter that shows the rpms reading...if ur engine is cold the lines will mark lower rpm level to tell u dun rev past it...while the engine reaching the optimum operating temp the lines will move gradually to the normal revving rpms limit...hehe
I thought that is 4 ///M ONLY.

astroboy;346340 said:
Wah! Got such thing meh??? :eek:

my car got wor...in the morning or when the engine is cold the lines will be at the 6k rpm...it will gradually increase to 6700rpm when the engine is warmed up for spirited drive...hahaha :top:

So if your thermostat kaput, u'll see 8k rpm loo... :D ... or more!! :eek:

Farnee.... and by the way, how long does it take to reach 6.7k, optimum running temperature I think.. 3 min? 5 min? So since my E90 don't have this feature, I'll use the clock loo.. :( we all have it..

astroboy;346340 said:
Wah! Got such thing meh??? :eek:

Yup! Normally on starting mine hovers around the 6000rpm...when hot it goes up to 6600 rpm.

astroboy...how long ka? not sure wor...it depends on the ambient temperature and how fast u drive also wan...but 5 to 10min shud be a safe reference...hehe

Top Bottom