Where can we test our spring?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

oolork

Club Guest
Hi guys,I wonder if there is any place to recommend for spring test?I got a set of eibach that act softer then my ori Msport spring. Remark: Both springs tested on my B8.

just drive on any road in M'sia... :driver: :ridinghorse: Our M'sian road surface is never flat and smooth anywhere.

Hi all, I am looking for a shop that can do compression measure & stiffness (N/m), not on road test.

LOL! Lucky I now only saw this thread.. otherwise I offer my help.. we usually bring girl friend along to a deserted car park to do spring test.. :4:

I know Ingress has the machine next to PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) bay at the side door.

oolork;721278 said:
Hi guys,

I wonder if there is any place to recommend for spring test?
I got a set of eibach that act softer then my ori Msport spring.

Remark: Both springs tested on my B8.

Eibach for 39's are about 20% softer than standard. 35% softer than m sport.

A simple way to do it yourself.

Take the spring out. Measure total height. Load a known weight on it and measure height reduction. No rocket science here.

Wow but it must be a considerable weight to put on the spring i.e a couple of bricks wont do the trick. Although easy in principal, not that easy in practice to test yourself. Anybody keep heavy metals in their house? Body builder perhaps..

alantiong;722351 said:
Eibach for 39's are about 20% softer than standard. 35% softer than m sport.

A simple way to do it yourself.

Take the spring out. Measure total height. Load a known weight on it and measure height reduction. No rocket science here.

Hi Alan, any insights about H&R Sport springs, or other springs for that matter? Currently using Eibach but thinking of changing to a harder spring.

2wenty6;722403 said:
Hi Alan, any insights about H&R Sport springs, or other springs for that matter? Currently using Eibach but thinking of changing to a harder spring.

HnR is definitely harder than eibach. if i am not mistaken, hnr is about the same rating with standard. But shorter. Therefore the car is lower but maintaining the same compression. with that lower centre of gravity and roll centre, it feels much more road hugging and sporty.

By the way guys, i am not against eibach..... Just not suitable for malaysian roads.. For sg, autobahn or japanese highway... Anytime..

In malaysia you need that 120-150 mm strokes in your udm. Otherwise have to drive like ah soh carrying tofu in the car.

Not yet bro. Will pay a visit to Richard one of these days.

Eh so when wanna minum and racun?

Top Bottom