Wheel Lock Nut

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ozone

Club Guest
Just discovered that my lock nut is missing while at a shop to do my alignment.Does anyone know where to buy a replacement and how much. Can I just buy the lock nut or have to change the whole set ?

ozone;423929 said:
Just discovered that my lock nut is missing while at a shop to do my alignment.
Does anyone know where to buy a replacement and how much. Can I just buy the lock nut or have to change the whole set ?

Try to check at the rims first or ask the shop. If still cant find then go to Auto Bavaria if yr lock nut is ori BMW. They can sell the nut only at bout RM20 plus but have to test with their sample. If cannot fit or yr nut condition not good just buy new 1 set wt 4 nuts at RM140:wink:

Problem after problem.
Locked my car key into my car boot.
Car is now at Royal Perak Golf Club, spare keys in my KL house.
Called a few locksmith and they are quoting RM 300 to open the boot.
I found out that in Ipoh, there is only one guy who can do this.
Whichever locksmith you call, they will "sub contract " to this guy.
And he is only free at 3 pm today.
WTF.
Anyway, good lesson for me - next time, i will keep the plastic key in my wallet.

aiya.. ask some one to courrier the key to you lor.. 1day only, cheaper sir.. somemore how sure are you there will be no damage done to ur lock, it will get ugly..safer, good luck

sachseelan;424015 said:
aiya.. ask some one to courrier the key to you lor.. 1day only, cheaper sir.. somemore how sure are you there will be no damage done to ur lock, it will get ugly..safer, good luck

Problem is whole family is in Ipoh so no one in KL house !
Today buy number if kena can more than cover cost of wheel nut and lock .......

ozone;424014 said:
Problem after problem.
Locked my car key into my car boot.
Car is now at Royal Perak Golf Club, spare keys in my KL house.
Called a few locksmith and they are quoting RM 300 to open the boot.
I found out that in Ipoh, there is only one guy who can do this.
Whichever locksmith you call, they will "sub contract " to this guy.
And he is only free at 3 pm today.
WTF.
Anyway, good lesson for me - next time, i will keep the plastic key in my wallet.
man, i always keep the plastic key in my wallet, if u have someone at home u can try to ask them to open your car with the remote through the phone, this myth seems to work, no harm trying if someone is really at home, but i guess that is not an option anymore since your whole family is in ipoh

Everything sorted out.
The chap spent 15 minutes to open the boot and charged me RM 250.
I did think of smashing the rear quarter window but luckily did not do it as the boot cannot be opened from inside without the ignition key.
Bought the replacement locknut for RM 40. A bit expensive but did not want to risk a ouncture while driving back to KL.
Bad things comes in 3s and upon reaching KL, my daughter accidentally pressed the rear window and it would not come up again. Went to AB Glenmarie and Sapura but no technician there today. So went to accessory shop to get it up so that I can park my car safely. There is a cable in there that snapped so will have to get it changed tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too expensive. Motor seems to be working. Currently the guy pushed it up and used a wooden block to hold it up. Paid RM 30 for this.

ozone;424188 said:
Everything sorted out.
I did think of smashing the rear quarter window but luckily did not do it as the boot cannot be opened from inside without the ignition key.
Bought the replacement locknut for RM 40. A bit expensive but did not want to risk a ouncture while driving back to KL.
Bad things comes in 3s and upon reaching KL, my daughter accidentally pressed the rear window and it would not come up again. Went to AB Glenmarie and Sapura but no technician there today. So went to accessory shop to get it up so that I can park my car safely. There is a cable in there that snapped so will have to get it changed tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too expensive. Motor seems to be working. Currently the guy pushed it up and used a wooden block to hold it up. Paid RM 30 for this.
what model r u driving, E46 window regulator should cost somewhere between 300, actually u can DIY without paying RM 30, just hold the window with both your palm inside and outside of the window and slowly jerking and pulling it up. it happen to me and my mechanic guide me from the phone

Mouse;424265 said:
what model r u driving, E46 window regulator should cost somewhere between 300, actually u can DIY without paying RM 30, just hold the window with both your palm inside and outside of the window and slowly jerking and pulling it up. it happen to me and my mechanic guide me from the phone

E46. But I can't do that as the glass was completely inside the door.

ozone;424187 said:
I heard it cosdt RM 800 for plastic key replacement.

bro, just cut the key at any locksmith and ask the locksmith to make the key flat so that you can put it in your wallet. It should cost less than RM100.

This key can be used for emergency case where you can open the driver door when you accidentally lock your key in the boot. You dont need the key for restarting.

jarance;424309 said:
bro, just cut the key at any locksmith and ask the locksmith to make the key flat so that you can put it in your wallet. It should cost less than RM100.

This key can be used for emergency case where you can open the driver door when you accidentally lock your key in the boot. You dont need the key for restarting.

better if you can get the alloy blank, it lighter

ozone;424188 said:
Everything sorted out.

from where did you source this?

Strider;424311 said:
better if you can get the alloy blank, it lighter

bro... now we getting too technical. next thing, we would have people wanting titanium key.. LOL..:top:

bro,
tip for cheap skate like me ( happen to me) lock nut hilang so i used box (wrench/spanna) tool but u must understand la kena rogol kaw kaw then br hantam open lo...
emergency case ....:top::top::top::wink::wink::wink:

jarance;424318 said:
bro... now we getting too technical. next thing, we would have people wanting titanium key.. LOL..:top:

I mean the one available in the ordinary market and also reasonably valued

Top Bottom