What is this?!?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bmw7833

Club Guest
Clean the car today morning and found this white "powder" on my rear boot on the battery compartment.Battery leakage?
P4160616.jpg
P4160618.jpg
P4160619.jpg
P4160620.jpg
The other site of battery seems ok.
P4160621.jpg
My car is e39 and using Yuasa DIN 88 MF battery.

The photos shows early signs of corrosion due to leakage from a containment of acidic fluids.

Being close to a battery [wet cell i presume], that may be the likely cause... I may be wrong of course :)

Indeed looks like battery leakage, probably caused by previous battery..

Definitely not from the previous battery. I remember the area is clean when i replaced the current one last 2 years.

Not sure whether i can claim the warranty from Yuasa if this cause by the leakage?

previous owner of the car was a drug lord....

joking, blackcat and aidilj is correct... use hot water to clean it up. no issues.

pussy;735465 said:
previous owner of the car was a drug lord....

joking, blackcat and aidilj is correct... use hot water to clean it up. no issues.

Do i need to replace the battery? Is it save to use? Will it cause further damage to my car?

bmw7833;735474 said:
Do i need to replace the battery? Is it save to use? Will it cause further damage to my car?

use la, the discharge from the battery has a vent pipe, should be discharge to the bottom which original has a hole down at the base.

maybe yours was not connected, so come out to the side la....

Why is your breather/vent hose hanging loose at the background of this photo?

P4160621.jpg

MF Battery also got sulfuric acid keh.. still need breathing.

During shipment of the battery, the breather/vent outlet is capped to prevent spilling of acid. Upon installation, the cap should be removed and plug in the breather hose.

This the common location of the vent:
battery_venthose_s.jpg

I think i have to take out the battery to check but i remember there is no any output in the battery to connect to the pipe.

From my last pic, u can see the pipe just hanging there without any connection.

P41606211.jpg

astroboy;735777 said:
Why is your breather hose hanging loose at the background of this photo?

MF Battery also got sulfuric acid keh.. still need breathing.

So what i need to do now is:

1. Take out the battery and check
2. Clean the area. Do i need to paint the area to avoid further corrosion?

bmw7833;735784 said:
... Do i need to paint the area to avoid further corrosion?

Of course.. use boiling hot water to treat first, wipe and let it dry thoroughly, then paint it..

Walauweh, this is very dangerous to the car, health and environment.
This is the sign the car begging Tender Loving Car from owner. New bodykit and paintwork. Some exotic rims and V8 heart perhaps. E39 deserve better treatment bro. Next time dont post this kind of picture la. It make me wanna vomit blood.
Kasi bikin la keta. Utang talak wang manyak aiyahh you.....

bmw7833;744255 said:
Boleh kasi pinjam luit tak?

Boleh talak hal... here you go no need to return :smokin:

[video=youtube;8RJI_GokIlY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RJI_GokIlY&feature=related[/video]

Top Bottom