What Is This?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I have no idea what that is except [am guessing here] that its on a dashboard... :)

Yes it's on the dashboard but I just don't know what it is or why it's there.

We see that on E60..
I was guessing all the while too.

Guys is this the centre speaker for logic 7 or a door to access the CCC?

SO what izit?

Mine i guess is abit loose, and making noise when i low rev...

Anyway to tighten it up?

So it's quite a few of us dunno what it is haha What for have a loudspeaker cover with no speaker in it? And what's that button for?

Try to open it and check if the speaker is inside or not. I tried on mine but the button is pretty hard. Worried if i may break it, i left it alone.

I also tried pressing the button but its very hard so left it alone.

Maybe you all can use the plier to twist it, if still cannot open just use the 3 lbs hammer to bang it LOL.........

Guys.. Those LCI model has Head-Up-Display (HUD) placed there right? Maybe it's for that purpose which most of our pre-LCI models don't have :D not 100% sure ok? Someone correct me if I'm wrong

thule;618225 said:
Guys.. Those LCI model has Head-Up-Display (HUD) placed there right? Maybe it's for that purpose which most of our pre-LCI models don't have :D not 100% sure ok? Someone correct me if I'm wrong

If like that we can retrofit HUD in our car la..heheh..i found HUD module in ebay for 1499 usd

Intresting...

Dont tell me that no one have practically open it. Maybe not yet ..

Bro..Hakim.. i dont think the HUD is there . I have seen it on M5 & 540 and its somewhere right on top of the meter panel . Something telling me its a speaker compartment.

I don't think it is the HUD, it is located in the center of the dash. if it is the HUD, it should be in the middle of the driver. Where the odometers are.

Erest;619221 said:
I don't think it is the HUD, it is located in the center of the dash. If it is the HUD, it should be in the middle of the driver. Where the odometers are.

:listen: .. fellow bimmer, it is NOT the HUD. If its the HUD, it will be on the dashboard directly infront of the steering wheel.:biggrin:

For all to know, it is actually the cover for the Loudspeaker. The loudspeaker is only available for vehicle fitted with the Hi-Fi system Professional DSP, which is definitly not available to all models. Mine is the 530d CBU unit (full spec), also without the loudspeaker :biggrin:

I believe 540i and 545i are fitted with the Hi-Fi system Professional DSP :top: Just to note, 545i was replaced with the 550i later on. Whether it is fitted with the above Hi Fi System, need to do some checking later.

...so I do hope this will clear the "what is this" thingy :biggrin::top::top::top:

Top Bottom