What is DWA module for ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tweiboon

Club Guest
I helped Huskar to test 1 pair of amplifier antenna from his e39 found that nothing wrong with that but his remote still not working. I done some research notice that e39 connected 4 modules to remote to lock and unlock the door. The module are 1 pair of amplifier antenna(2 modules), DWA and GM3. His GM5 confirmed no problem at all. Now only left DWA not test. Questions is What is the use of DWA module, if DWA failed will cause remote not able to lock and unlock the door ?

YaZmEeN;789981 said:
First of all, test the key with other car. if it's working, then the module might be the culprit. Refer to my thread:

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?38817-Alarm-System-Help-on-E38

I have alot of keys..........hehe
Confirmed keys not problem and 1 pair of Amplifier Antenna also no problem.
GM3 module working fine which lock and unlock doors, power windows and interior light working fine.
Only not testing the DWA tilt sensor module which is located in boot.

be careful when u do the testing bro. got a friend the car need to change the ews system after u did the try and error thing. cheers

YaZmEeN;789999 said:
be careful when u do the testing bro. got a friend the car need to change the ews system after u did the try and error thing. cheers[/QUOTE

EWS error has been faced:

1. e39, the car stopped at a place after that not able to start the car. This is my friend's friend's car. After i checked the car, found that ews error. He got 1 pair of DME and EWS. After he changed it then i make the chip to start the engine. Until today non of his forman able to find out what is the root cause the EWS error. I checked the EWS only data corrupted not damage on the circuit board. This EWS still can use if load other EWS backup data into it.

2. e53, happened recently. The owner claimed that send to an accessory workshop after that cause the battery terminal burned. After that EWS error not able to start the car. Asking my help to make the engine start. After the conservation with the owner(Ahmad) confirmed is EWS data error and not damage on EWS. I recommend him to a workshop to pair back the EWS with DME.

3. e38, this is the case that you mentioned above. This case is very similar with case 1. While i unplug the EWS, the owner beside me. What is did is only unplug the EWS after EWS data error occurred. At the beginning the owner blamed me causing the EWS error. After that a Malay uncle seem knew alot of things about BMW car tried to talk to the owner. That malay uncle really knew some BMW things more than i do. After that i called a carreer to send the e38 to his workshop.

Case 1 and Case 2 both EWS are not damage. Case 3 also no damage. I have checked it using my machine. It still can load data in. If that moment manage to have backup data then can load it back and start the engine.

I am very sorry for the Case 3 happened.

Before all these cases happened, i had told all the ppl i met about the cases similar above. I have helped some ppl to backup the EWS data to prevent the cases above happend.

I helped ppl backup EWS data which is FOC. Even if the EWS data corrupted and asking me to load back the backup data to EWS also FOC.

Ahmad has booked me to help him to backup the EWS data. If anyone really wanted to prevent the cases happened above pls contact me.

jarance;790014 said:
DWA=Anti-theft Alarm System

Is it if this module having problem will cause the remote failed ? Remote is not working can cause by this DWA ?

tweiboon;790111 said:
Is it if this module having problem will cause the remote failed ? Remote is not working can cause by this DWA ?

Sorry no ideas. My car don't have this module.

When I totally disabled DWA, the rear view mirror clown nose red LED doesn't blink when I use the remote to lock the car.
The supposedly blinking signal lamps also were not functioning during open/close operations when DWA is disabled.

seewai;790142 said:
When I totally disabled DWA, the rear view mirror clown nose red LED doesn't blink when I use the remote to lock the car.
The supposedly blinking signal lamps also were not functioning during open/close operations when DWA is disabled.

This is know. Now the problem is both circuit board from C pillar removed by Huskar and tested at my car confirmed both are working find. But his car still not able to use remote. Not able to resync at all. This is the first case i have face.

seewai;790142 said:
your remote still able to lock & unlock when the DWA is disabled right? only the LED at the rear mirror does not blink. my case is both LED & remote locking do not work. no idea it's caused by the DWA or other things which related. but other things than DWA had been tested and showed no problem. perhaps i should get tweiboon to test the DWA as well.

YaZmEeN;789999 said:
be careful when u do the testing bro. got a friend the car need to change the ews system after u did the try and error thing. cheers
what happens when EWS kaput?

tweiboon;790110 said:
EWS error has been faced:

1. e39, the car stopped at a place after that not able to start the car. This is my friend's friend's car. After i checked the car, found that ews error. He got 1 pair of DME and EWS. After he changed it then i make the chip to start the engine. Until today non of his forman able to find out what is the root cause the EWS error. I checked the EWS only data corrupted not damage on the circuit board. This EWS still can use if load other EWS backup data into it.

2. e53, happened recently. The owner claimed that send to an accessory workshop after that cause the battery terminal burned. After that EWS error not able to start the car. Asking my help to make the engine start. After the conservation with the owner(Ahmad) confirmed is EWS data error and not damage on EWS. I recommend him to a workshop to pair back the EWS with DME.

3. e38, this is the case that you mentioned above. This case is very similar with case 1. While i unplug the EWS, the owner beside me. What is did is only unplug the EWS after EWS data error occurred. At the beginning the owner blamed me causing the EWS error. After that a Malay uncle seem knew alot of things about BMW car tried to talk to the owner. That malay uncle really knew some BMW things more than i do. After that i called a carreer to send the e38 to his workshop.
shit does happen. it's part & parcel in doing things. i once went to a workshop which is hugely recommended inside this forum but in the end they spoiled my wheel lock nut and broke my brake bleeder, the worst part is they blamed the car and charged me extra for the trouble the car had caused. also quoted me rm1700 for ccv replacement. some workshop they are just too honest. lol.

huskar3399;790182 said:
your remote still able to lock & unlock when the DWA is disabled right? only the LED at the rear mirror does not blink. my case is both LED & remote locking do not work. no idea it's caused by the DWA or other things which related. but other things than DWA had been tested and showed no problem. perhaps i should get tweiboon to test the DWA as well.

what happens when EWS kaput?

shit does happen. it's part & parcel in doing things. i once went to a workshop which is hugely recommended inside this forum but in the end they spoiled my wheel lock nut and broke my brake bleeder, the worst part is they blamed the car and charged me extra for the trouble the car had caused. also quoted me rm1700 for ccv replacement. some workshop they are just too honest. lol.
I already helped u backup the ews data. Above cases if happened to u dont worry u no need to pay any charges due to i can solve the problem.
U only need to pay if ews circuit is burnt. Buy another ews and let me load ur data in then u can start ur engine. Is just that simple no question ask. U save alot of money.

so when can meet to test the DWA bro? need to come on week nights, traffic less heavy in puchong.

huskar3399;790243 said:
so when can meet to test the DWA bro? need to come on week nights, traffic less heavy in puchong.
How about tonight 8pm? U know how to unplug ur dwa? Once u knew it then we can test it. Whatsapp me when u free

Top Bottom