What BMW does to your friends..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

masCh

Club Guest
I have been meaning to share this for a while.. Well today I had one of those experience and I decided I must start this thread.What ridiculous, unreal or flattering stuff have been associated with BMW that you have heard someone say or been told to you?These are my real experience.Story 1. I was driving a girl to work without the top on. We drove for like 20 minutes at speed and when we reached her office to drop her off, I looked at her and her hair was messed up. I knew that she must have spent a lot of time to work on her hair that morning, so I said I'm truly sorry your hair is messed up. She smiled, "Oh that's alright! This is BMW hair =)"Story 2. I was cruising along the highway at 130 kmj. The girl next to me said "my car would shake at 130 kmj.. how can your car not shake at 130 kmj?" I said "well its only 130 kmj". She said "Well BMW's 130 kmj is much faster than Perodua's 130 kmj". I was like (WHAT?) That totally didnt make sense, and asked her to clarify. She said BMW's meter if it says 100 kmj it would be equivalent to the 140 kmj on the MyVi because its better. I tried to explain to her that all meters tell the same reading because that's the purpose of meters. She didn't believe me and said I was a show-off!! Seriously! I couldnt be making this stuff up!Story 3. Passenger tells me to park right in front of the shop. I said no, that's against the rules. He said "SO? You drive a BMW!" (I'm sure some of you have experienced something along those lines)Story 4. Passenger heard a loud Wajalution with a big exhaust and lots of stickers pass by. She says "Why do they modify their cars that way and make it so irritating. BMW's don't need modification to be fast". And I was like "Heck I'm sure that Waja could overtake me anytime in my 318i.." (then I upgraded to a six potter a couple of weeks later).Story 5 (today). I was driving and explaining the story about BMW's logo of the white propeller against the vast blue sky. She said "awww.. BMW's are so romantic." I asked why and she said "Because they can capture that moment". I was like, wow, now I feel the romance too! Maybe can get to romen too hahah.Anyway, what other qualities do people overestimate or over-associace (albeit some rather justifiably) to your BMWs that they probably won't with other brands?

it got them saying "fuel consumption must be very bad" like literally...

Wahhh... You so lucky! So many girls you share your ride with. :)

enkil;570343 said:

Enkil bro, somemore Mascherano drove without his top on. :eek: :eek: :eek:

enkil;570343 said:

Exactly! I refuse to even thank masCH for his post, very the envy now.. :motz:

The only girl that managed to sit in my first BMW is now my wife.. talking about marking of territory.. :p

The only interesting remark I heard from her is "Very hot la! Can open more gas ka?" I was like WTH? "What gas?" I asked. She points to the aircond temperature knob. She thought turn the knob towards the blue will allow more aircond gas to flow, thus cooler for the cabin. Till today, I still can't make her understand the concept of the aircond system.. vomit blood!

LOL.. i'd rather my passenger without top on!

But seriously, there were many of these instances where you'd think : if it was a Proton or Honda they'd never say that.. I'm trying to recall some more

BMW story...

Err, I still don't get why a junior colleague of mine kept insisting that my 22 year old E32 is more expensive that his 2 year old Myvi. I mean, RM 13.5K vs RM 35K. Stubborn boy...

Eggie86! That's so right! That's the only reason why I can (using Mizhan's word) breed BMW's at home!

masCh;570351 said:
Eggie86! That's so right! That's the only reason why I can (using Mizhan's word) breed BMW's at home!

Haha. I can actually buy another Bimmer with the spare change and probably still have extra for mods. :D

Eggie86;570349 said:
BMW story...

Err, I still don't get why a junior colleague of mine kept insisting that my 22 year old E32 is more expensive that his 2 year old Myvi. I mean, RM 13.5K vs RM 35K. Stubborn boy...

Perception of value my dear boy...

The perception of value of of your E32 RM13.5K is more than his Myvi RM35K...no point fighting that..:)

Cheers :)

gregcwho;570392 said:
Perception of value my dear boy...

The perception of value of of your E32 RM13.5K is more than his Myvi RM35K...no point fighting that..:)

Cheers :)

Hehe, Yes. Pretty much agreed Greg. Perception of value. Haha. My beloved E32 is still more valuable than any Malaysian made car...

Although the first Perdana V6 was my first ever crush on a local car. Luckily my dad dashed that dream when he kept saying the car was famous for faulty gearboxes. :D

Eggie86;570349 said:
BMW story...

Not stubborn la bro. You short sighted man, he long sighted boy i.e. you can only see the car as in how much to own it, but for him he sees the downpayment, the loan and most importantly the never ending in and out of the workshop, hahahaaaa.

Hehe. Well I'd rather pay RM100 or RM200 more maintenance if I had to just to be able to enjoy our trips home and to work, or even to the leisure sites. In Malaysia, a big portion of our 24-hour day is sitting in the car, and I'd like to maximize enjoyment of this time that most people have not much control over.

some people at work thinks my 21 yr old E34 costs more than their new vios dugong..

mizhan;570516 said:
some people at work thinks my 21 yr old E34 costs more than their new vios dugong..

In reality it doesn't cost more.. but its valued more =)

masCh, nice stories, make me regret getting a sedan should go for cabrio instead and go topless!

Drove some other engineers/officemate the other day and one said "I think we're paying aidil too much"

Here's one for you:- When my Dad and I were planning to buy a bimmer. Being young and all, I said, "Let's get coupe so can drive with the top down."

Being the wise old man, my Dad said, "What?! You want to smell people's exhaust gasses and the garbage truck's backside? And sweat on top of that? And pay so much money for all that? And do you know that it will be easy for people to vandalise the car?..."

So coupe - bye bye. Sedan - hello.

Salut

:listen: PS: My heart still lusts after a coupe.

masCh;570322 said:
I have been meaning to share this for a while.. Well today I had one of those experience and I decided I must start this thread.

What ridiculous, unreal or flattering stuff have been associated with BMW that you have heard someone say or been told to you?

These are my real experience.

Story 1. I was driving a girl to work without the top on. We drove for like 20 minutes at speed and when we reached her office to drop her off, I looked at her and her hair was messed up. I knew that she must have spent a lot of time to work on her hair that morning, so I said I'm truly sorry your hair is messed up. She smiled, "Oh that's alright! This is BMW hair =)"

Story 2. I was cruising along the highway at 130 kmj. The girl next to me said "my car would shake at 130 kmj.. how can your car not shake at 130 kmj?" I said "well its only 130 kmj". She said "Well BMW's 130 kmj is much faster than Perodua's 130 kmj". I was like (WHAT?) That totally didnt make sense, and asked her to clarify. She said BMW's meter if it says 100 kmj it would be equivalent to the 140 kmj on the MyVi because its better. I tried to explain to her that all meters tell the same reading because that's the purpose of meters. She didn't believe me and said I was a show-off!! Seriously! I couldnt be making this stuff up!

Story 3. Passenger tells me to park right in front of the shop. I said no, that's against the rules. He said "SO? You drive a BMW!" (I'm sure some of you have experienced something along those lines)

Story 4. Passenger heard a loud Wajalution with a big exhaust and lots of stickers pass by. She says "Why do they modify their cars that way and make it so irritating. BMW's don't need modification to be fast". And I was like "Heck I'm sure that Waja could overtake me anytime in my 318i.." (then I upgraded to a six potter a couple of weeks later).

Story 5 (today). I was driving and explaining the story about BMW's logo of the white propeller against the vast blue sky. She said "awww.. BMW's are so romantic." I asked why and she said "Because they can capture that moment". I was like, wow, now I feel the romance too! Maybe can get to romen too hahah.

Anyway, what other qualities do people overestimate or over-associace (albeit some rather justifiably) to your BMWs that they probably won't with other brands?

my only question:

where do you get all these girls???

care to share??

Top Bottom