water temperature up and down

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

fa66audio

Club Guest
Hi all bro!recently when im driving my 318i,the watre temperature wud go pass the center level,but not to the red level.it will come down to center level if slow down my car abit.check the water,its full.anyone has this problem before?or anyone can help to tell me whats the problem?hv mention to mechanic before and told me has to change the whole cooling system...and that wud cos me a boom!anyone can help me to a minimal settlement?

Possibly your radiator is stuck as the temp only goes up when ur moving. Maybe can flush it while you're getting the thermostat changed.

fa66audio;559527 said:
Hi all bro!recently when im driving my 318i,the watre temperature wud go pass the center level,but not to the red level.it will come down to center level if slow down my car abit.check the water,its full.anyone has this problem before?or anyone can help to tell me whats the problem?hv mention to mechanic before and told me has to change the whole cooling system...and that wud cos me a boom!anyone can help me to a minimal settlement?

First change your mechanic. A mechanic who recommend you to change the whole cooling system without testing the car should be avoid at all cost.

btw, check your fan clutch first.
have you change the thermostat recently?

Normally, some bmw car when having problem would have temperature rises when slow down or stationary. You seem to have the reverse phenomenon. :stupid:

Mine will rises to red level occasionally during stationary and back to normal after few minutes accelerate.. but no symtom of overheat whatsoever... sometimes the needle will be like gila in between.. mine is E30 320i 87'..

rafamr;559662 said:
Mine will rises to red level occasionally during stationary and back to normal after few minutes accelerate.. but no symtom of overheat whatsoever... sometimes the needle will be like gila in between.. mine is E30 320i 87'..

bro, clean the radiator fins first.

check the clutch fan and the aux fan.

thanks for all bros reply!will try step by step of advises from u all to restore back to the normal level temperature.:top:

rafamr;559662 said:

really scarry ya!

aaaa... me scary too then. now car parked to rest at an Apt in KL.. maybe Jarance Sir can recommend me a place to send to clean the radiator fins..

(fa66audio Sir- sorry for tumpang ur thread )

rafamr;560218 said:
aaaa... me scary too then. now car parked to rest at an Apt in KL.. maybe Jarance Sir can recommend me a place to send to clean the radiator fins..

(fa66audio Sir- sorry for tumpang ur thread )

Usually, I use my jet cleaner set at wide angel to reduce the pressure. This is to prevent the radiator fin from being damaged from the water pressure.

You can ask the car wash to do it but supervised them so that they do not point the jet water directly at the fin.

The purpose is to get rid of insects, leaves and dust from the radiator fins.

ooo.. aaa thanks Jarance.. I tho u mean need to take out the radiator and doing the inside cleaning and flushing..

rafamr;560279 said:
ooo.. aaa thanks Jarance.. I tho u mean need to take out the radiator and doing the inside cleaning and flushing..

No need to take out the radiator lar. Just spry the water from the front and rear to clean the fins. Maybe can try to get the aircon people who service your house aircon and spray some chemical to assist in cleaning. :listen:

Lionel_Koh;560295 said:
U mean Bimmers Garage ????

Yes .....its me.........

bought few rims cap from u...my son went to collect from your office,hope u remember!,do u have cffl ring for my e46 318i,facelift?pls sms me the cost to my hp no 019-7500908,tq!

Top Bottom