Water come into my cabin....no idea from where..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ELnino

Club Guest
I noticed that water came into my cabin,only at one side of my passenger seat..:stupid:
2011-12-04115710.jpg
2011-12-04115730.jpg
2011-12-04115724.jpg
u guys have any ideas? still cannot find the source of water...there are two holes on each side of the floor

The two holes is there for you to screw the plastic screw that holds the original BMW floor mat in place. Water would not have seep through the hole.

Do check your left rear door rubber and the liners along the B pillar.

yeah...but then have to to find out where does the water came from...tq bro

mine e39 bro...hehehe....ermmm..i just open the carpet...the i open the hole on the floor to let the water drain out..but now have to close it back...:stupid:

Check the door seal, between door card and and the door frame. It is the culprit. Ask your mechanic to use the new seal to reseal the door card.

for my 2 cent bro mybe ur aircond sumbat the pipe hose..or the pipe line r tersumbat

It happened to me before... not on the passenger side but at the back... drain it like for couple of days and been dry ever since.

Checked all the seals and frame but mech says not the culprit... Luckily (touch wood) it occurred only once.

Suspect aircond cos the heater was cut-off few weeks before such incident.

Worth checking the aircon ...

yeah...me too suspect there is something related to aircond...because my car never had a problem with door rubber. this car seldom use...only use at weekend...and it happened last week...

its either from the air cond or from your wind-screen bro..... have those check as well..:top:...

Common problem for e39 and e46. I'm facing the same problem, water coming in from door panel, the sealant most probably cause it happened. My w46 already rectified

zul_cessna;694315 said:
Common problem for e39 and e46. I'm facing the same problem, water coming in from door panel, the sealant most probably cause it happened. My w46 already rectified

my e46 also having the same problem lately..... after heavy downpour.... banjir at the passenger side next to driver seat. The cause of the problem is the out of shape inner rubber lining on the door. Am now having the rubber lining change at MSpeed as I type (literally...).

listen to bmw7833....this is a common issue with the e39.
both my rear pax doors have had to have this done.it's the water/vapour barrier that is becoming unglued from the door frame.

open up the door card and reseal the vapour barrier and you're good to go.
mine's been dry since the repair.

Bro any sunroof of your car ? If yes maybe be you need to check through the drainage hose system of the sunroof from your car.

Informative discussion, i am also having problems with mine. Sometimes front passenger, sometimes rear. That means kena change all the door seals.

Yes, listen to moots, listen to bmw7833, I saw one E46 touring having the same issue just now at workshop. Rear left door.

so guys...u all agreed that it came from the door and not the aircond?

ELnino;694695 said:
so guys...u all agreed that it came from the door and not the aircond?

Look carefully the door edge, it should have some water mark there.

To check whether the water come from the door seal, close the door and spray water to the door, check the carpet wet or not.

Top Bottom