Volker or Nology Spark Plugs, anyone using?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BlackE90

Just wanna find out who is using the Volker Iridium or Nology Spark Plugs in his/her ride & the differences, as well the price of the two.Any feedbacks & comments are welcome.

Spaceman;462720 said:
i bought the Volker Iridium sometimes back, but havent put it in.

Bro, you purchased from S'pore? If so, when are you going to S'pore again?
Please PM me the price, thanks.

Guna;462803 said:
I put in Ngk Iridium and I can't tell a bloody difference:rolleyes:

of course. if you bother to take some time and read up, you will find that iridium has got one of the worst electrical and heat conductivity, but with high durability and resistance to high temperature, its normally adapted in high operating temperature condition. Jalan jalan in the town.. highway cruising is kind of pointless if you ask me. OEM plug is best in terms of cost/performance & can last sufficiently long, though I would say change it every 20k or so.

IsaacVky;462821 said:
of course. if you bother to take some time and read up, you will find that iridium has got one of the worst electrical and heat conductivity, but with high durability and resistance to high temperature, its normally adapted in high operating temperature condition. Jalan jalan in the town.. highway cruising is kind of pointless if you ask me. OEM plug is best in terms of cost/performance & can last sufficiently long, though I would say change it every 20k or so.

Thank you so much for your kind and useful advice...I just took time and read up

Iridium is superb for wear resistance, claimed to last 120k km. Performance wise, I am not surprised if its the same as the RM7/pc NGK plugs, which Toyota recommend replace every 20k km.

So 6x durability, 6x the price? U want durability or performance?

U want low resistance to achieve stronger sparks, u go for Platinum but spark plug don't work alone. If 6-potter, then they are 6 plugs in the engine and to obtain best engine combustion rhythm, all 6 plugs must have low/minimal resistance variance. If the variance is wide, then it will spoil your engine rhythm. I suspect OEM plugs are tested and mapped to minimise resistance variance as oppose to spark plugs manufacturers packed brands.

Imagine 6 fellas rowing a boat, one slow fella will spoil the rowing rhythm and the boat can't go fast. Get what I mean?

BlackE90;462752 said:
Bro, you purchased from S'pore? If so, when are you going to S'pore again?
Please PM me the price, thanks.

i paid some uncles to bring it in for me who travels to Singga Land daily...

i havent been there for quite some time, but probably in November/December.

here is a personal review of both plugs. plugs used on high compression m52b28, m54b22, high compression m54b30.

volker spec 1 (Can be purchase fr speedworks) or spec 2 (direct from the singapore manufacturer) ?

spec 1 installed on m52b28, power felt at the moment of installation, speedworks had a promotion then with free dyno run, it shows a 4+hp increased fr my base run with my old copper plugs which were 2 months old. car felt ok but after a week it quickly depreciates and couldnt feel anything much after that, car felt exactly like when i was having my old plugs. took out the plugs after 9.5 months for inspection due to some engine vibration at idle. center electrode and grounding tips seem almost new on 5 plugs but one had a cracked ceramic, speedworks replaced it under warranty. clean regapped and reinstalled the rest. vibration gone but no power difference. it felt exactly like any other plugs after that. rm50/pc ..nah.. i will stick with bosch copper or platin plugs.

Volker spec2 from singapore installed on a friend's m54b30, car was previously on week old 4tip bosch platin plugs. car felt livelier with a good performance increased. more torque felt at midrange. had a drive 3months later and the performance seem ok ok la, then around 2 months later he felt some vibration at high rev close to redline, decided to take the plugs out for cleaning and inspection as per my advice. to our horror, 3 plugs had their tiny iridium grounding tips missing. got free replacement from the distributor, but had the same episode after a few months. crap. byebye... just hope the missing tips although its as small and thin like wire, didnt do any damage to the engine. he is back with copper plugs now. CHEAP!!!, rm10/pc, and change them every 6000 when he changes his oil.

................................................................................................................................

nology silver plugs

fitted on m54b22 during CNY (FEb) this year, better power and torque felt. he changed the oil today and decided get him to check on the plugs since i am writing this, car had 43k on the meter at installation, its now 50k, the plugs are 70%worn with only a few mm left. kinda expected with silver plug as they are meant for racing use and its too soft for any durability. unexpected was the performance was still acceptable even when the spark gap has increased from the wear. not bad. rm50/pc seem ok for the performance, but be prepare to replace them. if power is everything you wish for, go for this. but durability, forget about it, it has a 10000km lifespan, thats it.

................................................................................................................................

VOLKER >>> 1/5 vote for me.
nology silver>>> 3/5 vote for me

check out brisk performance plugs...

Thank you leforte, for the feedbacks of both plugs, these information helps.
So for now, the Volker / Nology gotta step aside. Decision made ....!

Waitng for feedbacks from any Brisk user. Otherwise just go back to stock standard plugs....much economical.

I'm using the Nology Sparkplugs with Nology plug cables for my M42.. Currently just 13,000km.. Maybe I should check the plugs soon..
Good performance but can't comment on the durability...

Thank you guys for the insights, comments & feedbacks.

Here is another good brand for discussion, BERU Ultra X & BERU Ultra X Titan.

Bro leforte, any comments from you or anyone?

Top Bottom