Vibration

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

cwk_ipoh

Club Guest
Recently I could feel vibration on the seat when the car is idling. The RPM is very steady n my mechanic says that it is due to the engine mounting. Can this be true????????? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :eek: :yes:

Originally posted by cwk_ipoh@Sep 29 2005, 10:17 AM
Recently I could feel vibration on the seat when the car is idling. The RPM is very steady n my mechanic says that it is due to the engine mounting. Can this be true????????? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :eek: :yes:
Just ask him how he kno-lah. :D :lol:

mine too .... checked with a friend who recently had the same problem and the cause was engine mounting. We have the same type i.e. E46 2.0ltr

Called mechanic who said it is most probably due to engine mounting. Will send in car to his workshop soon. Said will take 1.5hours to change and some RM400++.

Anyone can confirm?

Changed engine mounting. RM330 for a pair and RM80 for labour at M-Speed.

However, car seats do not have vibration feel now. One of those wear and tear items i suppose but now @ 60k kms?

Originally posted by stephen@Oct 1 2005, 11:35 PM
Changed engine mounting. RM330 for a pair and RM80 for labour at M-Speed.

However, car seats do not have vibration feel now. One of those wear and tear items i suppose but now @ 60k kms?
They do tend to wear out quickly. I had mine replaced at about 50k kms on my previous ride.

Top Bottom