Vdo Fuel Pump only lasted 14months?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

unstopables_7

Official Member
Guys , my fuel pump which replaced about a year ago is giving way , car could not start 2 times today but when i knock from the top(under rear seat) & crank car does start .. it happens twice in about 10mins , after me refueling full seems to be okay .. so the question is?14months old fuel pump can be faulty?or what cause the pump to give way ? what else should i check?

bro, need to clarify with the mech. try opening it and check the fuel pump. Also check for debris in the fuel tank. Sometimes karat in the fuel tank can cause the fuel pump to malfunction

sharizat;844398 said:
bro, need to clarify with the mech. try opening it and check the fuel pump. Also check for debris in the fuel tank. Sometimes karat in the fuel tank can cause the fuel pump to malfunction
that what i got i thought too , will get it checked ..BUT that will need some time as not easy to bring down the tank.. any alternatives?

update :- i did about 200km after refueling till now its seems to be normal..

i think from the top of the tank when u open the fuel pump can check already if im not mistaken. best way is to turun the tank and do proper check. sometimes its not the karat from the tank , but from the petrol station it self. they store the fuel underground which is metal big box ( storage ) for the fuel. so maybe there karat teruk, we isi minyak and kena. so best is to turun the tank

agreed bro , but the best is ti bring it down and kasi clear the tank.. will get it done :rock:

how's ur refuelling habit bro? do u only refill one it fuel empty sign lights up? was told that might be contributing to the early failures due to the stress on the pump being exerted.

gendong;844546 said:
how's ur refuelling habit bro? do u only refill one it fuel empty sign lights up? was told that might be contributing to the early failures due to the stress on the pump being exerted.
yeah i am aware of that bro, usually i dont wait for the light , only sometimes ..but now all seems to be okay..

unstopables_7;844547 said:
yeah i am aware of that bro, usually i dont wait for the light , only sometimes ..but now all seems to be okay..

So did you find the problem ?

yeah , open up the fuel pump to check but before that learn on the fuse and relays for the fuel pump on youtube (checked, all ok) so proceed to the pump open it .. look into it and looks good , while fixing it up on then i noticed the clip/socket was half broke and the wire is loose.. so that was the problem i guess..

went to the nearest halfcut got 2 socket ( one for the speedometer ) , cut & paste .. DONE !

been using for few days now and its good :burnout:

money spent rm0.00 ..:top:

Top Bottom