V8 swap in 328ci

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

LukeTingley

Club Guest
Hi there, I am new to this club, I have recently bought a 2000 328ci in K.L I have already re-painted the car and made some cosmetic changes inluding adjustable suspension, rims, and exhaust. I am playing with the idea, because this is just a play car and I have a shop at my house of doing something radical and putting a 540i V8 engine in this car I am from canada and have always worked on bigger V8 engines back home and want to do something orignal. Is there any one that has had any experiance with, or know of anyone that could help. My main concerns are the wiring and would I need to fit the wiring harness from the 5 to my 3 or could I use the exsisting 3 harness.

You will most likely have to use the wiring harness from the donor car. Speak to Ah Wai at BM World. How's your cantonese?

Haha my Cantonese is about as good as my Mandarin.... nothing. Thanks for the tip though I will check Ah Wai out.

My advice go for Supercharge route. Less hassle & headache. V8 is more to bigger car ie 5's or 7's. Even I feel 328 is quite powerful for E46 body at high speed but very torquey at high rpm:smokin:

Good call on Ah Wai, can't remember the last time I went and there wasn't a V8 going into someone's car. Little known fact is Ah Wai can speak some english, he is just a bit shy...:eek:

Top Bottom