V-Power RON 98 NO MORE!!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

chookleng

Club Guest
calling all bro who pump only V-power!! only until yesterday i realize that V-power had been scrapped and replace with RON 95 in stages (very fast stages). it used to be available anywhere at JB shell station. now heck...within 10km Radius of my staying place, it has got only 1 shell station still offering V-power (only two pump still equip with V-power out of 12 pumps). i have been using V-power since 2007 for my both german make. with the ending of RON-98...any idea what to replace or any better / similar grade fuel that same alike like V-Power RON 98??? how you guys who pump only V-Power cope with these changes?

Bro, V-Power is RON97. U will still get the Regular 97 but is a floated price (now RM1.8/L), no longer subsidized. While RON95 (New) will continue to be subsidized... at a kick off price of RM1.75/L

V-Power will be removed from all station.

OMG... you sure of the demise of V Power???? This is a big personal crisis for me cos it really works on my car. That's not fair. You sure no more V Power for good. So far, the stations I use in Jln Damansara (opposite Eastin Hotel) still got 'em.

hi,

the shell station ah kak told me there only 2 shell station which will still have V-power after 31 aug 2009, 1 is in Tmn Desa, another in cheras if i not mistaken. and after 31 aug ron 97 will increase to RM1.90/L, ron95 will be RM1.75/L, and becareful for these few day... the green colour now is already become ron95 which selling RM1.75 and red colour will become ron97 which is selling RM1.80 at the moment...

Juan Powerblow;449302 said:
OMG... you sure of the demise of V Power???? This is a big personal crisis for me cos it really works on my car. That's not fair. You sure no more V Power for good. So far, the stations I use in Jln Damansara (opposite Eastin Hotel) still got 'em.

Looks like you gotta un-V your Power, Mr Blow... :)

Don't worry boys, if there is a demand there will be supply. Relax.... you need to look cool in your UDM.

Wah! Then u better invest in a skid tank and start to store up your consumables. Better still, sell them at a profit margin.. :p

Yesterday I did 2 refills:

1) Kesas Shell East bound, the one I pumped was RON97, the next pump is serving RON95, there's a notice put up ahead.
KesasShell.jpg

2) Tmn Tun,
TmnTunShell.jpg

Shhhh...... not so loud. :listen:

What I observed at some Shell pumps in PJ is that the RON97 pumps are staggered with RON95. What this means is that if there are 4 pumps in a row, a pair will have V-Power and RON95 and the other pair will have V-Power and RON97.

RON95 have big-big label attached to the pump handle. RON97 very small label.

bro...i don understand quite well. if V-Power is RON97 than wats the different with the regular 97? damn i been pumping on V-Power for two years without knowing the difference. can shed me some lights here?

Really dunno how many is aware.. I see all just stop their car and grab the green nozzle.. and some more all look at me as I pumped the red.. :eek:

I was jumping and try to take a peep at the transparent valve on top of the pump but didn't notice blue hue color liquid flowing thru.. :(

So my E90 I pumped 50 liter, @ RM1.80 = RM90. If I pumped the RM1.75 RON95, it would work out to a RM2.50 sen saving... (Yes, I used calculator.. :p)

astroboy;449325 said:
Really dunno how many is aware.. I see all just stop their car and grab the green nozzle.. and some more all look at me as I pumped the red.. :eek:

I was jumping and try to take a peep at the transparent valve on top of the pump but didn't notice blue hue color liquid flowing thru.. :(

Hahahahaha... Aiyoyoooo... I need blue. :eek:

ya bro in jb here the notice put up like tis at all shell station "untuk menaikan taraf keperluan harian yang diperlukan oleh rakyat, kerajaan telah memutuskan penamatan V-Power dalam masa ke masa (forgot wat malay word call in stages)". tat wat it really pain in my arse...no more v-power for me. finding wats the best alternate fuel to replace v-power now....any better??

astroboy;449325 said:

So my E90 I pumped 50 liter, @ RM1.80 = RM90. If I pumped the RM1.75 RON95, it would work out to a RM2.50 sen saving... (Yes, I used calculator.. :p)

i also need blue!!! anyway to make it blue? haha

Juan Powerblow;449326 said:
Hahahahaha... Aiyoyoooo... I need blue. :eek:

U are drugged man! take a cold turkey shower.. :D :D

Some said Shell manage to "boost" up the energy released by V-Power so the engine will experience more power. Nothing to do with RON but my insensitive butt can't tell the difference except a lighter wallet.. :p

chookleng;449329 said:
ya bro in jb here the notice put up like tis at all shell station "untuk menaikan taraf keperluan harian yang diperlukan oleh rakyat, kerajaan telah memutuskan penamatan V-Power dalam masa ke masa (forgot wat malay word call in stages)". tat wat it really pain in my arse...no more v-power for me. finding wats the best alternate fuel to replace v-power now....any better??

Ermmm... if it's "masa ke semasa", this means it's only temporary. The thing I wanna know is this, is V-Power over for good or issit just a temporary freeze. If this news get out I bet we're gonna see a lot of supercars rushing to Shell now for one last dose, hehehe...

Maybe we should start mixing our own fuel. Buy octane booster and mix with RON97. A can of octane booster is around RM20.00 which will replace the price V-Power. :)

Please define "proper"..

Below 4k rpm, can't tell any difference, beyond that, it runs out of breath pretty fast. Is the "proper"?!

Top Bottom