Urgently Need Help on Engine Issues and Gearbox

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

balan37

Club Guest
Greetings,I just got my beloved UDM couple of weeks ago. Started to have problem on 2nd itself.1.Oil leakage 2. RPM not stable when the car is idling. Will shoot up around 1.8 n then drop back to 0.8 n start rise back. normal rpm when aircond is turn on.3. Loud knocking noise n diesel engine kind a noise when starting up in the morning.4. Engine vibrates alot.5. During morning when engage gear to D need to accelerate up to RPM 2 - 2.5 then only car moves but after tht is fine for rest of the day.6. The car semput when engage to D frm N while stopping at traffic lights.The dealer have agreed to get it repaired and also send it for repair for 3 days. After repair all the problem is still there except Oil Leakage.It seems the workshop have changed Flywheel Oil Seal,Engine Oil Seal, Clean throttle body, changed gearbox filter. changed crankshaft sensor...Now the worshop telling need to chg or repair gearbox, RPM and engine vibration issue might be due to airflow. The car dealer is suggesting send to another workshop or workshop of mine. Before that I need to have some idea wht might have gone wrong n possible issues.Urgently need help coz will be sending it within 3 days time for repair.Thanks

balan37, I guess yours is N42 just like mine.

1. Mine also had some oil leakage (drips under the car), went to ZF auto at gurney drive and advised that the O-ring between engine and gearbox needed replacement. Did that and also change ATF - no more leaking for me. Also DIY solenoid valve O-ring at the front of engine (see picture).
2. I don't have this problem, but experienced RPM pulsing when car is driven without waiting for a minute or two to warm up from cold start
3. Also have the truck noise in the morning (cold start) but will settle down in around 40sec (see video)
4. Had this, changed the four mountings, two at the engine, two at the gearbox - okay now (well engine still vibrates but you don't notice it when sitting in the car)
5. Don't experience this - mine moves whenever in D, depressing the gas pedal wiould make it go faster
6. Do you mean the engine hiccups when you do this or you feel the rear axle pushing the car forward?

Should go out for a drink.
Aidil

leaking solenoid valve
DSC00060.jpg

missing a hose from the vacuum turbine
[video=youtube;sntqr3v25Yw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sntqr3v25Yw[/video]

I cant send you a PM since your inbox is full. empty it and hit me back.

oh balan........macha...mana lu..tak call me also...

aidilj....mayb u can help my fren here find a good workshop...he is new and clueless...since u both also in penang..

No problem eujinee, if you could just forward to him my number.. you have mine i beleive

Top Bottom