Ultraracing Strut bars & Iridium Sparks

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Kingrat

Club Guest
Check this out :-http://www.ultraracing.com.my/vehiclemodel/bmw/bmw.htmSaw this brand at the Eunos Car Centre at 1 Utama over the weekend, seems to be the cheapest locally made strut bars available. Front and back bars are just RM500 something, as opposed to the Zenden front bar which is just rm800 alone.I know these bars are not 'high' performance, but for someone who doesn't fly like a rocket, I was wondering if these bars are adequate to improve handling.Was talking to the guy at KL Auto, Desmond, he recommends that my aging e36 go for a 'blow-job' (his words, not mine!). RM230+ for engine,tranmission cleaning and then pasang Iridium Spark Plugs (the 80,000km ones (rm65/piece)) to slightly improve performance. He also sells the Pivot Voltage stabilisers, but he say that one can pasang last.

To feel any improvement in handling (cornering speed), install a sway bar, that also if you go to the track often. On our wonderful JKR maintained roads, chances are you will be better off with what BMW had put in the car :)

kingrat....ultraracing is ok....usable and for my e30 front strut was rm150...
rear strut also going for the same price......

e36 struts shld b around the same or mebbe a lil more...
but i dont suggest using iridium spark plugs as whn i used it i barely noticed any difference in performance etc...

my 2cents...

rgds,
-brad-

My take on the Ultra racing front bar is that the bar is too stiff.. can be a concern during a frontal side collision. Bar may not deform and cause damage on the strut tower on the other side.
The best material for strut bars is alumunium alloy, but the material itself is a lot more expensive than steel. Aluminum will deform during heavy impact but still gives the 'static' strenght to be used for strut bars.

Top Bottom