Tyres

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

schnitzered

Club Guest
Hi everyone,Im considering changing my E60 tyres to 19s . Any comments about the quality of Michelin Paceda series or HAnkook tyres ? Appreciate any response. Thanks guys

QME7555;435841 said:
Go for Michelin pilot sport 2.

Hrmm...thats on the higher end range which i am not really in favour since i use my car daily to travel to work and home. Plus, its a bit pricey as well. I was recommended the aforementioned for daily use. What say you guys?

schnitzered;435891 said:
Hrmm...thats on the higher end range which i am not really in favour since i use my car daily to travel to work and home. Plus, its a bit pricey as well. I was recommended the aforementioned for daily use. What say you guys?

then, i would go for michelin PP2

schnitzered;435908 said:
thanks elixir. and PP2 would stand for? And the costs involved?

PP2 245/35/19 is about RM985 and 275/30/19 is about RM RM1100.

Thanks a bunch Elixir. The prices sound reasonable. Since you vouch for it , i would suppose that you're using them now too right? How would you explain the quality?

schnitzered;435955 said:
Thanks a bunch Elixir. The prices sound reasonable. Since you vouch for it , i would suppose that you're using them now too right? How would you explain the quality?

no problem bro. actually, i was being told to go for eiter pilot sport or pilot preceeda. looking on the prices, i think it would be more economical to get the PP2 because i drive about 5k km a month.
I have used different type of tyres over the years and still prefer michelin. it's kinda hard to explain.
i'm using falken now and just hoping it to wear off so that i can get the pp2.

elixir;436014 said:
no problem bro. actually, i was being told to go for eiter pilot sport or pilot preceeda. looking on the prices, i think it would be more economical to get the PP2 because i drive about 5k km a month.
I have used different type of tyres over the years and still prefer michelin. it's kinda hard to explain.
i'm using falken now and just hoping it to wear off so that i can get the pp2.

bro...where u buy ur rear 275/30/19 PP2 from...i have been looking for it but couldn't find...

Hrmm...i suppose since sifu tribena is also looking for the same then it cant be that bad. Anyway thanks for the input guys!

schnitzered;436069 said:
Hrmm...i suppose since sifu tribena is also looking for the same then it cant be that bad. Anyway thanks for the input guys!

wah like that also kena 'table' again...
icon10.gif

the PP2 is a better choice for high miler than the PS2...the PS2 of course superb but i travelled about 5 to 8k km per month so my tyre cost if on PS2 super high...

once u run in the PP2 and warm it up...u will be surprise with the grip level...noise abit high...:top:

AC525;436174 said:
i like the stiffness of runflats' sidewalls for cornering....

I know...i kinda feel sayang since my run flats are still very very new. But i Cant help it bro...ive been offered M5 rims and my hands are getting very very itchy and hence the research on tyres..:wink:

t2ribena;436213 said:
wah like that also kena 'table' again...
icon10.gif

the PP2 is a better choice for high miler than the PS2...the PS2 of course superb but i travelled about 5 to 8k km per month so my tyre cost if on PS2 super high...

once u run in the PP2 and warm it up...u will be surprise with the grip level...noise abit high...:top:

Thanks tribena . Dunt mean to kena you on the "table" just that i believe you sifus out there are more experienced with these sort of things. Yeah im a frequent traveller too and thus high miler tyres would suit me best. When you say the noise is high, is the rise in noise level tolerable in your view? and further what about hankook tyres any comment on these ?

Top Bottom