Tyre vibration while breaking

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Mohd

Club Guest
Recently noticed that while breaking, i can feel the tyre vibration or little bit sterring shaking. Already chk to Authorised BMW w/shop. still no answer till now. Pls advise..

Most likely warp disc brake rotor, usually happen to cars that being washed with brake not yet cool down. Skimming would help.

Thanks astroboy. I'll ask w/shop to chk on its. Beside this what else the problem related with this vibration

~ Wheel assembly bolts and nuts loose...

~ Worn bushes...

~ Wheel lug loose...

~ Absorber faulty...

~ Minyak brek masuk angin.. :p

~ etc..

See... very dangerous if you come to my workshop... heheheheeee...

How many inch rims are u on? Is your car lowered? Check tires for big cracks or swelling...

Bro I have the same wheel setup as you, I had vibrations when braking. Mine came from the brake pads.

yup, should be barke pads...16's should not have cracking problem, could be the pads or likesaid Astroboy, skim ur disc...

I had the same problem before. Silly me...washed the car while the brake still hot. Got the brake dics skimmed...problem gone till now.

Steering vibrating usually tends to be warped disc. Does your brake pedal vibrate as well when you're pressing on the brakes?

if only all of the above problems solved but you still facing the vibration problem....please check your TIE ROD END, it is said that most people has been misleading the problem with the warp disc.

dear loafer,

only can feel steering vibration. So far brake pedal works as usual.

stig,

how much cost for your brake pads?. noticed that my front rims surround with brownish brake pads dust.

I replaced the front pads and disc for rm700 inclusive of labour. This was done in Ara Damansara.

Steering vibrate

pecelele;348067 said:
I had the same problem before. Silly me...washed the car while the brake still hot. Got the brake dics skimmed...problem gone till now.

After skimming your brake disc, do you change the brake pads as well?

Thanks.

Its a must to change new brake pad s when u change/skim disc's... Just to make sure any un-even surface on old pads from faulty disc doesnt damage ur new disc, causing lines and squeaks...

Top Bottom