Tyre Pressure

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Fred Kong

Club Guest
What is the correct pressure for 18inch rim, 245 /40/18 tyre on a year 2000 BMW 525, 2.8L straight 6 engine ? Please Advice. Cheers

34psi will do just fine. do not pump below that as you'll need that amount of psi to help with the thinnner sidewalls of the tyres.

Sorry to hijack your thread Fred..
what about tyre size 235/45/17?
whats the correct pressure for it?
Thanks..

guys, i think the correct/recommended tyre pressure for your individual model is available at the side of your driver door (a sticker)

32psi/220

DmC said:
Thanks..

Mine same size like yours and I'm on 32psi/220

Thanks..

Accorcing to BMW manual for E34.., it should be 28 for Front & 33 for Rear up to 4 persons load., if full load (5 persons+luggage) front 34 & rear 41 psi.

according to E46 manual, with 5 people in the car including driver, for my 225/45/17 should be 220kpa front and 270 kpa rear, i follow the front recommendation of 220, however i dun fetch anyone, so i only pump 240kpa rear instead of 270. always check your tyre pressure when its cold, this will give u an accurate reading. i notice when your tyre is warm, it will usually give u additional 20-30kpa of extra reading.

open your driver's side car door...and look around for a sticker which advise the tyre pressures.

My 318 2.0L, 205/60/16 is already running according to the manual spec, 31psi for front and 33psi for rear.

The 525 2.8L, 245/45/18 should not run on simmilar psi, I think I will try 34psi for front and 37psi for rear. As this is an imported jap maodel and the rim had been changed too so don't know what spec to follow.

Don't even have the instruction manual in the car and got onlt 1 key and the alarm had failed too, Radio is in the lower FM range. Any body got any Idea where to replicate the keys and do the radio, prefer in JB area.

Cheers

Sorry guys, I had to bring this thread up again.

My tire size : Front = 225/40R18 & Rear = 255/35R18.

Should we really follow the sticker at the driver's door for tire pressure ?

My usual tire shop said those figures are not for Malaysian roads and heat.

Until now, i don't know what tire pressure to use.

Any advise or comments from tire experts ?

Top Bottom