Tuning Box for diesels

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

blurx3

Club Guest
Hi All,Been a while since I logged on to this forum. Mostly busy and haven't done much to the car.2 weeks ago, a friend of mine that does car stuff brought in a diesel tuning box for my car: an X3 2.0d. Here's a very rough analysis of the difference-Before TUNING BOXFuel consumption: with 1/8 tank left before empty, odometer reads 700+kmsCruising on highways: car seemed sluggish when cruising @ 110kph on 6th gear w/o cruise control. Required a fair amount of throttle input.Torque for daily driving: ok - no real complaintsAfter TUNING BOXFuel consumption: after 2 tanks of diesel, i noted that with 1/8 tank left, odometer was reading 800+ kmsCruising on highways: comfortably cruises @ 110kph on 6th. Very little throttle input required at that speed.Torque for daily driving: dramatically improved from about 2000 rpms onwards. Pulls with more urgency across entire rev range.I haven't really got the power and torque graphs - not really keen to send my car to the dyno, but suffice it to say, u don't need to calibrate your bums to feel the difference. It takes all of 15 minutes (maybe less) to plug in the unit to your car. Comes complete with OE plugs so u don't have to strip any original wires (which IMHO is very dangerous if the technician screws it up).Easily removed or detachable should you want to sell your car in the near future.Anyway, this is a sample unit from my friend so i dunno what the actual cost is like. Indication about +/-RM 2k. which i think is value for money.Anyone interested can give my friend Ian a call - 012 213 2889. He also flashes ECU for petrol powered cars. This is not an advertorial, just an endorsement from a person who likes to drive.Thanks.

Top Bottom