transplant V8 into e46

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

dave

Club Guest
Hi Bros & sifu, Anyone seen or any workshop able to transplant the V8 from e39 M5 into e46 locally? Cheers

keN330;342118 said:
Yo dave, how ya? Play until nothing to play liao ah... hehe...
Hi Ken,
How are you? long time didn't hear from you liao. Numb with the power I had, trying to feel some thing different . You still love your Bimm ?
Come back bro lets enjoy together.
**Thanks bros for the PM .

cheers

HAHA... i still phobia of CEL.... may be sk+ less headache and less probl hehe....

dave;342104 said:
Hi Bros & sifu,
Anyone seen or any workshop able to transplant the V8 from e39 M5 into e46 locally?

Cheers

Have you found any info on fitting the V8 into your 325? I'd be interested to do the same transplant. V8s are fun.

paul_325i;356185 said:
Have you found any info on fitting the V8 into your 325? I'd be interested to do the same transplant. V8s are fun.
Hi Paul,
Not yet, my only concern was which cross-member to support the engine ? The whole set up still sitting in the w'shop waiting for my decision to plant into E46 or E39 .

Cheersss

dave;356274 said:
The whole set up still sitting in the w'shop waiting for my decision to plant into E46 or E39 .

Cheersss
hi bro...sorry to interrupt...just to give my opinion....

in my opinion, since u hv the e39 then it's the better option...look for the most similar setup or chasis to minimise problem...the engine has more than enough power even to pull the heavy 7th series....

cheerss..

p/s- that engine is my dream oso....

There's a say that V8 E39 don't handle as good as Inline 6. Because of the recirculating ball steering system rather than the normal rack & pinion. BMW used recirculating ball on V8 E39 because there's not enough space for rack & pinion setup.

IsaacVky;356452 said:
There's a say that V8 E39 don't handle as good as Inline 6. Because of the recirculating ball steering system rather than the normal rack & pinion. BMW used recirculating ball on V8 E39 because there's not enough space for rack & pinion setup.

Wah box steering system on E39 V8? Its new to me. I prefer rack & pinion set up more direct & responsive. I dun think V8 can fit to a 3 series. V8 uhh nice:top:

Can bro, been done many times before by mad modders and racers. A massive undertaking like this may be interesting to watch. If you get on with it, do post progress:

P1010001.JPG

Good beast of a racing machine. Some info here:
http://www.raceservice4u.com/BMW GTR V8.htm

initialM;363396 said:
Wah box steering system on E39 V8? Its new to me. I prefer rack & pinion set up more direct & responsive. I dun think V8 can fit to a 3 series. V8 uhh nice:top:

Top Bottom