transmission

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kennytey

Club Guest
Is that ok to transplate auto trans. to manual trans. every thing is org. execp rear lsd was nissan s13? will that be any side effect for the future? total cost include labour was RM2k is that resonable? some menber told me E30 manual trans. was not fun to drive , cluth was too heavy and break with cluth was too close and so on, is that true? anything els have to consider for manual trans? thanks!!

You'll get used to it. Try driving other manual cars like kancil or GEN 2, then u'll know how close the clutch and brakes are.

any problem with ur auto transmition?i feel ok when i test drive ur car.so better stick on it coz ur age is not young anymore to get a manual car :D

Imho driving with manual trans better for leg exercise than auto - keeps blood circulating at a higher efficiency to your lower extremities especially beneficial for aging baby boomers like me. :D
As we age progressively, either we use our muscles in the lower extremities mor often or else we're going to lose it. Exercise in these regions will help sustain ambulatory efficiency, muscle-motor coordination & gait. :yahoo:

Originally posted by kennytey@Oct 3 2005, 05:48 PM
Is that ok to transplate auto trans. to manual trans. every thing is org. execp rear lsd was nissan s13? will that be any side effect for the future? total cost include labour was RM2k is that resonable? some menber told me E30 manual trans. was not fun to drive , cluth was too heavy and break with cluth was too close and so on, is that true? anything els have to consider for manual trans? thanks!!
It depends on how you use your E30. Weekend drive or daily drive? Where is your office? Do you travel to the city often?

If its weekend drive and you are not travelling to the jam-proned areas, then a manual is fun and probably suits the E30 better as its engine doesnt produces as much torque as the newer engines. As for heavy clutch, you can always put in a bigger clutch pump to alleviate this problem :)

if you want to further enhance your ambulatory efficiency, you can always disable the clutch pump. :D :D :D

anyhoo....the manual clutch is not really that heavy, I have tested a few b4. The cluch movement is actually assisted by a hydraulic pump.

Originally posted by clockwork@Oct 4 2005, 10:05 AM
any problem with ur auto transmition?i feel ok when i test drive ur car.so better stick on it coz ur age is not young anymore to get a manual car :D
no problem !! under my proffessional care, still in great condition, as the time you test drive. I like it too, but that should be human being after some time when you use to it you will feel that was not enought. and manual is realy fun to drive if able to complete with LSD will be even more perfect!! age is not a issue, we do saw some old man driving a porse and ferrari on the road. RIGHT??

Driving a manual is a lot fun than driving a auto. Go for manual, it'smore powerfull also and in addition, save fuel.

Just don't curse when you get caught in a jamm.

E30 heavy clutch? I think it's just right, not too light like Jap cars and enough resistance to make you feel the pedal. My old E12 525 clutch was heavier.

Top Bottom