Transmission error

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

pakdogol

Club Guest
Dear sifus,Need advise on my car e60 530i 05 model, yeasterday i had 2 experiance, its never happen before, during drive back from kampong, 7 hours drive, thru labuh raya Timur Barat in very heavy rain, its accoured while i slam the pedal around 7600 rpm to overtake the trailler than 'transmmission error' comeout, than it run in control mode maybe in 3rd gear, so i stop the car and shut off the engine, than on again, its back to normal, its accured againduring overtake sirocco, 4 hour after first error...Slam pedal, than it repeat again. Stop and on again, back to normal...my curious is, issit my GB in really faulty or just the glich code. I'm thingking may be also due to wet condition on the sensor since almost one week my car in flooding wet condition...hopefully not big issue later, today its like back to normal, anyway will send to my mech for detail inspection...some advise pls:eek:

thanks for feedback, will check this wekend, yesterday try 4 laps corner, just push and slam, but its loke normal alrdy...

I think you still shud consider on replacing the ATF.. Also check the condition of ATF during drain-out if it's got contaminated with water or not..:106:
Did mine last month and the GB now is as smooth as silk... :top:

Some guys in the E46 thread had their GB sensors dried and cleaned after going through patches of flood water. Maybe you can try that first.

Dear all, thanks so much for feedback, i just did ATF replacment a week before going back hometown so my ATF consider very new not even touch 2000km drive. I'm thingking may be due to insufficent of ATF,. My Mech that time top up 6 bottles alrdy, its suppose to enough as required. Anyway will up date by Friday. So far yesterday and today, the GB look fine. Even this morning every 3 minutes i slam the pedal up 8000 RPM (KLIA highway) its like fine..

Maybe the gearbox is not used to the freash new ATF and it should be 8 liters if am not wrong.

pakdogol;792321 said:
Dear all, thanks so much for feedback, i just did ATF replacment a week before going back hometown so my ATF consider very new not even touch 2000km drive. I'm thingking may be due to insufficent of ATF,. My Mech that time top up 6 bottles alrdy, its suppose to enough as required. Anyway will up date by Friday. So far yesterday and today, the GB look fine. Even this morning every 3 minutes i slam the pedal up 8000 RPM (KLIA highway) its like fine..

My rpm meter max is 7000, how come your has 8000? Different specs?

Dear all, Just up date my case, back from workshop just now, 2 workshop. 1st workshop at Bandar Tun Razak, he dignosed and comment got problem with 4th and 5th gear, possible need to change the slip. He said its common for E60 so its cant reset. tentatively to change the slip the cost around 3K plus, dignose take only 5 minutes so i reserve my action wait fir future outcome. I just keep quite, went to 2nd workshop at Kayu Ara to get 2nd opinion, but this time the sympthon can reset, he also test drive my car for 10 minutes than after comeback, its like nothing..so he advise me back home and drive first if symthom comeout send to him again but for time being its like normal only.....worse case he said must change MEGATRONIC...what that? and overhaul its cost almost 15K ..wow, what is MEGATRONIC? issit same species with MEGATHRON?..in the movie, so my conclusion now, make it as usual since 3 days alrdy, nothing happend..Other friends advise Pandan Indah, maybe next time...thanks

The Mechatronic is the solenoid valve body for changing the gears. It consist of electronic boards and solenoid.

Most mechanic will says it non serviceable.

here is how it look like..
1068%20198%20932%2006.jpg

jarance;792768 said:
The Mechatronic is the solenoid valve body for changing the gears. It consist of electronic boards and solenoid.

Most mechanic will says it non serviceable.

here is how it look like..
1068%20198%20932%2006.jpg

thanks Jerance,..its body valve rite? reserve my case if its happen again, its will be consider. Issit its one component under GB? or differnce component. I mean if the the price for one set recond GB is RM 7K, better change to recond GB..thanks

pakdogol;792771 said:
thanks Jerance,..its body valve rite? reserve my case if its happen again, its will be consider. Issit its one component under GB? or differnce component. I mean if the the price for one set recond GB is RM 7K, better change to recond GB..thanks

Yes, this is one of the component located INSIDE and at the bottom of the gearbox. The most bottom component is of course the ATF filter.

Aiya, mine happen before when I use ron95, now I change to Ron 97 it never happen again. My mech also recommend me to change the valve body, now almost a year pass no error come out after use Ron 97... Touch wood...I will wait until last minute only consider to change, perhaps that time I change to f10 already...

harry_7;792862 said:
Aiya, mine happen before when I use ron95, now I change to Ron 97 it never happen again. My mech also recommend me to change the valve body, now almost a year pass no error come out after use Ron 97... Touch wood...I will wait until last minute only consider to change, perhaps that time I change to f10 already...

same as me..my feeling is it s only the sensor error..same as steering active error, almost every week pop up, even enter small hole or bumpy..:rock::rock::rock:

pakdogol;792868 said:
same as me..my feeling is it s only the sensor error..same as steering active error, almost every week pop up, even enter small hole or bumpy..:rock::rock::rock:

Really? Different octane level has some kind of effect to our transmission?

Top Bottom