To GET or NOT a 530d or 525 petrol E60 car?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ice_cock

Club Guest
Which is a better idea? I was thinking of getting one for the partner. The car in mind is year 2004-2005.Anyone here can share their woes and happiness in owning one please??

Diesel have more oomph but other salesmen in other places said stay away from bmw diesels:smokin:

Both types will have it's pros/cons :) This is seriously very subjective so perhaps you can get more information as to what are the good/bad about both types, have a test drive then decide what's good for you?

530d also cannot compare with 530i cos 530d more powerful.

This should be an eye opener if you're thinking about diesel. Though it is not a 530d.
[video=youtube;fU4f_NwAfUs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU4f_NwAfUs[/video]

Iylia H;670333 said:
530d also cannot compare with 530i cos 530d more powerful.

This should be the comparison. same cc for both,

Diesel has more low end torque and better FC, but engine noise louder.

Petrol engine sound smoother and can rev to 7000rpm, but higher FC and less low end torque.

Engine louder on the outside? What about the trade rumour, "don't buy diesel car" ? Some told me it was started by BMW sales to take customers from Mercedes diesel cars but I also heard exactly the opposite said too. Has the rumour gone out of hand or is there some element of truth using local diesel?

ice_cock;670509 said:
Engine louder on the outside? What about the trade rumour, "don't buy diesel car" ? Some told me it was started by BMW sales to take customers from Mercedes diesel cars but I also heard exactly the opposite said too. Has the rumour gone out of hand or is there some element of truth using local diesel?

Malaysian diesel has high sulphur content which has always post problem to imported diesel cars (including merc). until recently the new batch of BMW diesel engines, many forumers have tried and very satisfied with them. so if you are thinking diesel can visit the thread on 320d, u may be racunned to get urself one!

Mr VP 530d car ran for years running on our local diesels.you might want to ask him.
His car i believe is still running in a very good condition.dont play2. His turbodiesel machine has been tuned to run even faster..

namidub;670610 said:
Mr VP 530d car ran for years running on our local diesels.you might want to ask him.
His car i believe is still running in a very good condition.dont play2. His turbodiesel machine has been tuned to run even faster..

better floor the accelerator once you see a black e60 with gold stripes!! my 320d got smoked easily laaa:cool: i hope to have sufficient fund for a 530d later:rock:

The 525i is underpowered, I think. It'll be a fine car for pottering along the Sekinchan country roads...but the 530d is the beast you want to use to power-drive up Genting/Bukit Tinggi!

Top Bottom