Tire Cracked - E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

535i

Club Guest
I found out yesterday that 1 of my rear tires on my E90 - cracked - about 6 inches long - at 2 places ! I purchased these tires CS3 (new) - 255/35/18 in February this year - and have used approx 25,000km. Manufactured 2508. Still have a lot of thread on it. The tireman said - under inflate. But I regularly checked my tire pressure - and I am running 36 psi rear, 34 psi front. The tire rating is 92Y (if i m not wrong). Any ideas from the E90 kakis ... ? Someone said - rear alignment is out .. Can it be ? Just koyak SGD 700 - changing 2 rear tires to Yoko Advan Sport.

535i;475292 said:
I found out yesterday that 1 of my rear tires on my E90 - cracked - about 6 inches long - at 2 places !

I purchased these tires CS3 (new) - 255/35/18 in February this year - and have used approx 25,000km. Manufactured 2508. Still have a lot of thread on it.

The tireman said - under inflate. But I regularly checked my tire pressure - and I am running 36 psi rear, 34 psi front. The tire rating is 92Y (if i m not wrong).

Any ideas from the E90 kakis ... ? Someone said - rear alignment is out .. Can it be ?

Just koyak SGD 700 - changing 2 rear tires to Yoko Advan Sport.

see on the side wall of the tyre and look for the year the tyre was made. Usually tyre comes with a warranty. If its a manufacturer defect you can claim for a new tyre. Tyre should not cracked!!:top:

dzuljazz2001;475300 said:
see on the side wall of the tyre and look for the year the tyre was made. Usually tyre comes with a warranty. If its a manufacturer defect you can claim for a new tyre. Tyre should not cracked!!:top:

Zul, our friend has said that the marking on the tyre shows that it is made in 2008

Right or left rear tyres?

If right tyres, then driver too heavy. if left tyres, donno the reason.

tyre crack maybe rear chamber is too inclined to the negative side ...cause stress at the inner tyre radial ...usually lowered cars would face such problem ...

or another clue is ...you've been parking your car at uneven surfaces which would had cause this to happen ...

under-inflate too may cause this ....

jarance;475320 said:
Right or left rear tyres?

If right tyres, then driver too heavy. if left tyres, donno the reason.

Unker - right side ..

Ehh - dun laaa .. I slim like u laa .. MNot as heacy as Jyazid ...

ICEMAN 13;475337 said:
tyre crack maybe rear chamber is too inclined to the negative side ...cause stress at the inner tyre radial ...usually lowered cars would face such problem ...

or another clue is ...you've been parking your car at uneven surfaces which would had cause this to happen ...

under-inflate too may cause this ....

make sense jugak Bai ...

Let me check my alignment pulak ...

I had been using CSC3 all the while, it is soft tyre, if you keep running the tyre under inflate, the tyre will explode!!!! I kena last time at the rear tyre....the whole tyre explode!!! really scary experience....

or i believe the owner of this tyre crack had increased a couple of pounds living in the singahpoh land ...

OR would had driven over a pot hole without realizing ....E90 mahhh ..not e34 which will rattle ...

ICEMAN 13;475417 said:
or i believe the owner of this tyre crack had increased a couple of pounds living in the singahpoh land ...

OR would had driven over a pot hole without realizing ....E90 mahhh ..not e34 which will rattle ...

he confirm he is slim as me so cannot be the weight.

Sinchaipore where got pothole one? Maybe at night, he rempit in JB with ramsing.. :listen:

jarance;475419 said:
he confirm he is slim as me so cannot be the weight.

Sinchaipore where got pothole one? Maybe at night, he rempit in JB with ramsing.. :listen:

nothing much to do with the rempiting ...but i think for sure the load of weight could be due to the chicks that he had been taking for joy rides .. :)

load of chick would have caused the tyre to have cracks .....

Iceman 13 mean try to reducing to load of chicks...if previous are 4s now just spare 2 to me lor..haha

ICEMAN 13;475431 said:
nothing much to do with the rempiting ...but i think for sure the load of weight could be due to the chicks that he had been taking for joy rides .. :)

load of chick would have caused the tyre to have cracks .....

waa - u all too much laa ..

U got spy in Singapoh aaa ... :listen:

told you singapore 'used' rubbers always tear... Malaysia rubber better...

hahahaha....

on the lighter side...

are you going to claim for warranty ?

sure it was a natural tear ? usually all manufacturer will say other causes.. i had my fair share too..

Continental Sports Contact 3 .....soft tyre.....I wrote an email to headoffice in Germany complaning my exploded tyre! After that they forward my email to Malaysia branch....then they said this is my careless mistake, they said they can't help.... that's it...1k one piece also can get explode!

after less than 2 years with Cs3 tyre...I change to Bridgestone....no more Continental as CS3 not so worth it + the tyre quite noisy on highway run after few months ....

Top Bottom