Thinking of getting X5 E70

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Finally... got the deal final at 310K without the trade in. Hopefully they can get it done for CNY....

Hi,

I'm new here so I beg your pardon if my questions have been asked before in this forum.

I'm thinking of buying myself a recond X5 or X6 (2009 or newer) and from the numerous threads here I gather that it's important to bring a reliable mechanic with you so that he can checked the car condition before buying. My problem is I don't know any mechanic well so can anybody point or recommend me one such reliable person. BTW, I'm located in Kajang but am looking for the cars around the Klang Valley area.

If I fail to get a mechanic to follow me around, I would also appreciate if you guys can share with me what are the main things I should be looking at and be aware off when checking the cars?

You may PM me if more appropriate and I thank you guys in advance.

I look forward to post more in here when/if I got my dream car. :)

vortex_kl;709188 said:
Hi,

I'm new here so I beg your pardon if my questions have been asked before in this forum.

I'm thinking of buying myself a recond X5 or X6 (2009 or newer) and from the numerous threads here I gather that it's important to bring a reliable mechanic with you so that he can checked the car condition before buying. My problem is I don't know any mechanic well so can anybody point or recommend me one such reliable person. BTW, I'm located in Kajang but am looking for the cars around the Klang Valley area.

If I fail to get a mechanic to follow me around, I would also appreciate if you guys can share with me what are the main things I should be looking at and be aware off when checking the cars?

You may PM me if more appropriate and I thank you guys in advance.

I look forward to post more in here when/if I got my dream car. :)

Usually people dont bring pomen to the car, bring the car to the pomen la. Loan the car from the delearship for a day for inspection

storm7576;709279 said:
Usually people dont bring pomen to the car, bring the car to the pomen la. Loan the car from the delearship for a day for inspection

Ahhh... that's what I thought initially. I have never bought a second/2nd hand car before so am not familiar with the proper procedure. I didn't think that the dealership will loan the car to you for inspection in the first place.

Thanks so much for your input.

I live in sg petani, bought my car in kelang. I arranged everything via phone calls. Anything is possible if u willing to pay top dollars.

vortex_kl;709282 said:
Ahhh... that's what I thought initially. I have never bought a second/2nd hand car before so am not familiar with the proper procedure. I didn't think that the dealership will loan the car to you for inspection in the first place.

Thanks so much for your input.

My suggestion as follows

1) Have physical inspection of any sign of car accident that may have distorted the car chassis.
2) Ask for test drive to feel the handling and suspension. listen to the engine sound for smoothness
3) Ask the dealer to bring the car with you to nearby workshop with BMW diagnostic tools. ( they will know where to) and watch the whole diagnostic process. normally item by item check. any fault will shown on the screen. if you are unsure about the fault, take a pic of the screen with fault code for reference. certain fault can be reset easily. Ask to verify the mileage whether tampered before.
4) inspect the car reg card for genuine history

I want to buy 2007 x5 4.8i, anything have to take care and check? Last year take the 530i with N53 ....omg alot problem.

4.8l from grey importers? Test drive as many cars and get at least one year unlimited warranty.

Hi safri, sure able to get one year warrenty. May i know Does it heavy fuel usage? My friend have 4.5 cayeen turbo, it Really drink a lot fuel. 07 year, m sport , price at 320k is a good price?
Thank for the reply..

price-wise, it is not that far off and you can reduce it further to rm300k. Just take the first hand price and reduce it by 20% in the first year followed by 15% pa for the remaining 3 years. it 4.8l engine, sure makan minyak but you will enjoy the pick-up as well as the torque. plus you will benefit from the 50% subsidy on road tax for SUVs. good luck

Hi safri,300k, hope can get it!! I check the spec, M sport, HID, Bluetooth, active steering , dint have dual zone air -condition , no have HUD, not auto hold. Around 25k km. Uk spec.

shahnaz;705226 said:
I finally purchased the XDrive 40d from Pantai Bahru holdings. Showed it to my mechanic (MSpeed) and he gave me a good thumbs up :top:

Ooo..so this is the oil burner you're mentioning about, berapa puluh juta sen bang?

Tecktt;718768 said:
Hi safri, sure able to get one year warrenty. May i know Does it heavy fuel usage? My friend have 4.5 cayeen turbo, it Really drink a lot fuel. 07 year, m sport , price at 320k is a good price?
Thank for the reply..

Have u tried Cayenne? at that price, can get a Porsche Cayenne S instead of X5. ( frankly i have not tried both but if similar price I think P is more premium)

My Immaculate X5 3.0 XDrive is for sale. Full Service record at Quill Auto.
Registered in Malaysia in 2010, Privately imported from UK. 2007 Modal. Full Spec with Panaromic Roof.
7 Seater Napa Leather with Memory function for front seats. Indicidual AirCond vents for 7 Occupants.
New Pirreli Tyres. New Vkool Tinting
BMW DVD Player with BlueTooth.
Interested parties can call me at 0123061517. Asking at RM315k.

Top Bottom