Thinking of getting X5 E70

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

shama

Club Guest
Hello fellow forumers,I am seriously thinking of getting a X5 E70 from a recon dealer. Preferably year model of 2007 onwards. Anything to look out for? and what should i expect and variants available. Thanks for the advice...

There are plenty of e70 in the recon market n you have to be careful when you view those units. Go for the 2008 or 2009 model if budget permits. It is the buyer's market and dont be shy to walk away. Good luck

you should get a reliable mechanic to check the car first before buying. I have mine checked, and found out the valve cover gasket leak. Get the key fob checked at AB to find out the actual mileage, lucky it telly with service record. If your car got sunroof, asked the dealership to tie the drain pipe with cable tie. Experienced mine came off once, and flooded the front passenger seat. The water came out from sun visor

storm7576;701993 said:
you should get a reliable mechanic to check the car first before buying. I have mine checked, and found out the valve cover gasket leak. Get the key fob checked at AB to find out the actual mileage, lucky it telly with service record. If your car got sunroof, asked the dealership to tie the drain pipe with cable tie. Experienced mine came off once, and flooded the front passenger seat. The water came out from sun visor

Thanks for the pointers. The sunroof drain pipe is visible? Can we check if it tied otherwise how do we know if they have tied it as requested?

I am also looking at the X5 E70. I was wondering whether we can change the IDrive on a 2008 UK Spec X5 e70 to CIC that the current F10 and X5 2010 models use ?
On another note, there is also a listing on mudah for a BMX X5 XDrive4.0d

http://www.mudah.my/BMW+X5+4+0+x+dive+3+0cc+m+sport+diesel+RM40xk-12993948.htm

Question here is that does this model can actually take the the diesel from malaysia ? The engine is a BMW M57TU2D30-TOP model. The 3.0d is using the M57TU2D30 model.
Pretty interested in this model but am more worried about whether this car is suitable for Malaysia diesel or not

This might give u some idea of the sunroof problem
[video=youtube;Q9HgL0RfpNA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9HgL0RfpNA[/video]

shahnaz;702361 said:
I am also looking at the X5 E70. I was wondering whether we can change the IDrive on a 2008 UK Spec X5 e70 to CIC that the current F10 and X5 2010 models use ?
On another note, there is also a listing on mudah for a BMX X5 XDrive4.0d

http://www.mudah.my/BMW+X5+4+0+x+dive+3+0cc+m+sport+diesel+RM40xk-12993948.htm

Question here is that does this model can actually take the the diesel from malaysia ? The engine is a BMW M57TU2D30-TOP model. The 3.0d is using the M57TU2D30 model.
Pretty interested in this model but am more worried about whether this car is suitable for Malaysia diesel or not

Yes u can upgrade from CCC to CIC but its not worth it. Too many parts to change, controller, DVD, FM Tuner, Monitor, center console panel plus u need control unit coding after installation. It might cost u more than RM30k.

shahnaz;702441 said:
Thanks storm7576. What about the XDrive 4.0d ? Any thoughts on that.

I'm sure its a good car but not sure about this diesel thing. Read once in magazine that AP Cayenne needs tuneup inorder to use malaysian diesel

I think local dealers have a few e70 (2011 models) up for sale at decent price. the extended warranty will give you peace of mind.

I saw a view units in Pantai Bharu Kelang, bought mine there. Comedian Salleh Yaakob also bought his X5 and Q7 there.

Naza is offering a X5 2007 E70 at 19000km UK Spec for RM320,000 ? From a price point of view is this reasonable ? the car seems to be in solid shape at least from the outside. Need to get a mechanic to check it out.
Safri, when you say local dealers for the 2011 model, who are you referring too ? I believe the 2011 models are still running at RM5xx,xxx

shahnaz;703393 said:
Naza is offering a X5 2007 E70 at 19000km UK Spec for RM320,000 ? From a price point of view is this reasonable ? the car seems to be in solid shape at least from the outside. Need to get a mechanic to check it out.
Safri, when you say local dealers for the 2011 model, who are you referring too ? I believe the 2011 models are still running at RM5xx,xxx

I was referring to the authorised dealers like AB, Ingress etc. if you are looking at the pre-facelift model, there are a few 3 litre petrol version (2009 & up to early 2010 models) up for sale from slightly below rm400k. The post-facelift model is a good buy at around rm450k. 2007 grey models going for less than rm300k.

Safri, could you tell me where are they selling the post 2010 face lift model for RM450K ? I am really interested.

Shahnaz - Check out mudah.my. these bought those cars for rm560-70k almost 1.5 years ago and their advertised price would reflect the 15-20pc depreciation.

Found a 2007 model. Grey color and japanese spec. Loaded with side camera, panaromic roof, aircon console at rear seat, 19" RFT tyres, power & memory seat for both front seats, power headrest, 3 row seats... softer leather... going for RM330K.... good ka?

On the high side for a five year old car 3.0l. A 4 or 5 year old 4.8l model now going for rm3xx+. Do spend some time researching on mudah and other related sites before deciding. I was offered rm485k for the latest version (bought from AB) in dec 2010 but I was late by a week or so.

Pantai Bahru holdings is selling a 2010 BMW X5 XDrive 40d for Rm390000. Is that a good buy ? Comes with the xenon corona rings + CIC.

Sounds like a good price - worth checking it out. Current facelifed model still has a couple of years left.

Top Bottom