Thinking of getting X3 E83 Facelifted (After 2007)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Not bad eh you. Very close to the factory numbers. Mine, after almost 2-weeks of ownership (urban but also include 2 trips to seremban) is around 14 l/100km.

oh btw, do you run on RON97?
Contemplating whether to stick to 97 or downgrade to 95. (am started to feel the pain considering RM1 different per litre between 97 and 95).

I run on Ron95 and add a bottle of fuel accelerator every 2nd tank full. Oil change at every 7000km using Torco SR1 5w30 fully synthetic.

digerati;692870 said:

Oh yeah Gendong, before I forget. Am now a proud owner of one, registered on 11-11-11 hehehe :)
Since married already, so register car la on this auspicious date...

Congrats again bro!!! Cantik itu date. Hmmmm.....married to the car u mean? Hehehehe share pics of ur new baby....:wink:

jeffreyewe;692994 said:
I run on Ron95 and add a bottle of fuel accelerator every 2nd tank full. Oil change at every 7000km using Torco SR1 5w30 fully synthetic.

Jeff, i'm sure u know exactly what u r doing and with those FC that you quoted, it seems to be working. and even the FC is not far off from the catalogue numbers which were based on RON98.

Fuel Accelerator? Man, I need to google this up and read a bit more on this. Hope you bear with me. Obviously not a car buff, but with an ownership of a recon bmw, I think i need to start taking more interest. every 2nd tank full eh. Mind sharing what brand of fuel accelerator do you use?

Oil change every 7,000 eh. I guess this is best practice? I'm probably sticking to the recommended 10,000 km oil change. Torco SR1 5w30 fully synthetic eh? Need to research this as well :)

:top:Nice ..... guess u already have something planned for the car rite? ;)

gendong;693114 said:
:top:Nice ..... guess u already have something planned for the car rite? ;)

Sorry, but I don't get what u mean gendong :dontknow:

Mind to elaborate?

oh ok....i mean most probably you'd be planning for some sort of upgrade i.e. rims, ICE, suspension etc.....no?

gendong;693203 said:
oh ok....i mean most probably you'd be planning for some sort of upgrade i.e. rims, ICE, suspension etc.....no?

oh ic. well, not really if that's what you're asking. am pretty happy with the 18" msports rim.
ICE - well, not an audiophile. pretty happy with stock speaker and radio. cd player tested. but don't have any cd for quite some time. wondering if i change the cd-changer to dvd-changer whether can watch dvd or not. but not sure if the av-in is there for the current monitor.
suspension, a bit on the stiff side for x3 (even more for msport). but not changing anytime soon. xde budget ma hehehe

in short, to be honest, the only thing i might be thinking of doing probably is to tint the whole car. am reading about it here in the forum. always thought i'll go v-kool by default. but now reconsidering after reading various problem with smart tag and/or autogate.

Think it's about time to organize a X series drive or TT:) . Call ourselves the X-Men of bmwcm... Haha

jeffreyewe;693299 said:
Think it's about time to organize a X series drive or TT:) . Call ourselves the X-Men of bmwcm... Haha

aiyah jeff, nanti datang mostly would be the bigger brother X5 owners ...

Jeff, u know for a fact whether our auto transmission on the x3 is manufactured by GM or ZF? Is it different by the region?

I've havent really gone under to check, but if info proves me right...the X3 uses a 6 speed GM gearbox...

Now u give me a reason to go under again...haha

jeffreyewe;697124 said:
I've havent really gone under to check, but if info proves me right...the X3 uses a 6 speed GM gearbox...

Now u give me a reason to go under again...haha

yup, please do at your convenience hehehe :)

digerati;697196 said:
yup, please do at your convenience hehehe :)

Jeff, guess u have not gone down under ?

Anyway, another newbie question. How do I know whether my x3 have the alarm system installed or not?

Hi guys. Any recommendation for tyres. My curRent set is 5 years old. Thread still look new as car hardly driven but can see hairline crack on the groove. I m running on 235/55/r17.

Based on my readings on the net. Two come highly recommended:-

1 - Pirelli Scorpion which apparently is the original tyre that the E83 comes out with.
2 - Michelin Pilot Sports Plus.

Changed yours?

Top Bottom