the truth about spacers

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

eau-rouge

Club Guest
hi guys.. need to know the pros n cons of using wheel spacers.. some say no prob,the other says otherwise so if any of you using it out there or know something.. pls share with me and others too thanks

it truely depends on the quality of the spacers that you buy.

Unbranded/locally made ones are the ones that cause problems.

only use properly made and high quality branded ones and you should not have any problems.

and most important of all, make sure they are hub-centric ones.

I have installed a pair of eibach spacer for my rear wheels and i find them excellent! I have yet to test them on the highway as for normal driving up to speed of 100km/h, believe it or not, having the spacing is so much better. I am having ac type 3 18 x 8.5 all around and find the rear too small so decided to install a pair of them for my rear and the tyre shop is only having 15mm available so decided to go with it. sceptical in the first place but when you look at how 'fit' the spacer is attached to your wheel 'hub', you can feel the confidence in it.

bear in mind, with 15mm spacer, you also need wheel nuts that are 15mm longer which they do sell in tyre shops.

will post more review when i tested in highway. :rolleyes:

Pardon me, but what's a wheel spacer for? Is it for those who have installed wider rims and tyres? Tay, you were saying the car felt better for speed of up to 100km/h? What kind of feeling is that? Care to share?

Cheers~

tay;232174 said:
I have installed a pair of eibach spacer for my rear wheels and i find them excellent! I have yet to test them on the highway as for normal driving up to speed of 100km/h, believe it or not, having the spacing is so much better. I am having ac type 3 18 x 8.5 all around and find the rear too small so decided to install a pair of them for my rear and the tyre shop is only having 15mm available so decided to go with it. sceptical in the first place but when you look at how 'fit' the spacer is attached to your wheel 'hub', you can feel the confidence in it.

bear in mind, with 15mm spacer, you also need wheel nuts that are 15mm longer which they do sell in tyre shops.

will post more review when i tested in highway. :rolleyes:

where do u bought it?how much?

eau-rouge;232187 said:
where do u bought it?how much?

JB, 400++ for a pair. Have not surveyed so don't know whether kind rip off or not...kind of impulsion when looking at the result :wink:

the price is about there...for a good original set..H&R ones or eibach..

Russie;232175 said:
Pardon me, but what's a wheel spacer for? Is it for those who have installed wider rims and tyres? Tay, you were saying the car felt better for speed of up to 100km/h? What kind of feeling is that? Care to share?

Cheers~

Well, i have it because of the look at first. i was looking for 9.5 wide for my rear but unfortunately they only have 8.5 all around. one fine day go back for balancing and backside itchi telling them is not wide enough so they bring me the eiback spacer and test fit it....wallah, look superb....so on lah.....

It is a metal piece that added between your wheel and rotor...do a search and you will know:rolleyes:

After installing, did a drive and find that the ride is more confident and when i was in the highway today, it feels more 'on the floor'. definately more confident and better ride before.

I was constantly doing 150km/h range and very thing feels ok. My concern was safety issue, and after reading many posts from bmwsg, m5board and bimmerfeast forum, you need to choose the maker, e.g. eibach or branded one and go with long nuts, that all.

Russie;232175 said:

Cheers~

its just a piece of metal (imagine a large metal washer) that goes between the wheel hub and the brake rotor. it pushes out the wheel to give the car a wider track.
so, wider track = increased stability

Top Bottom