The Nurburgring

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
JYazid;326018 said:
Jip .... Last time when Abe VeeLapan or now M5 went there, he bought me a T-shirt which I wore for 7 days and night.... hehehehe now keep in safe. seldom wear it ....

Abe VeeLapan also put the club Sticker and his Grand TT name tag, at the Restaurant there ... what about you ...?

Anyway ... congrate for the experience ....

YAzid

I'll probably frame mine LOL waaahahahahahahahaaa.....

Leave my mark at the Grun Holle Pit Stop Restaurant? Naaaaaahh.... just ate there mate.... I was sooo hungry and motion sick from the Ring taxi ride all I could think of was getting some food and coke into my system... sitting at the back probably made me a bit sick.... both me and the spaniard sitting at the back went a bit quiet towards end of the track .... pening lalat...

Does anyone know how to split up a 498mb quicktime video into small bits.... I'd like to post up full video but cant coz photobucket can only host 100mb videos.... any suggestions?

OSFlanker;325880 said:
Sabine!!!!! The picture shows she turned up with her handbag, shows driving the M5 is just a little detour from her trip to the local supermarket.........

Jipster, any biodata on your taxi driver, Walther?

Which one in that pic is Sabine? there are 2 blondes there...the short haired one or the long haired one?

Great trip there Jipster...makes us all wanna experience it.bet it will be good to go in Oct...can hit oktoberfest one shot as well.

cheers.

buddy;326045 said:
Which one in that pic is Sabine? there are 2 blondes there...the short haired one or the long haired one?

Great trip there Jipster...makes us all wanna experience it.bet it will be good to go in Oct...can hit oktoberfest one shot as well.

cheers.

The short haired one nearest to the BMW.

Octoberfest? Yeah sounds good. Bitburger is the gold stuff of choice in these parts. There is a murky gold version as well apparently quite good dunno what the name of that one is. No dark beers though....

I'd check Ring opening times to see if clash with an event as well as opening times.

This week the 24hr at Nurburgring starts. Some teams were heard (I heard them but did not see them) during after hours track sessions doing testing.

As to ring taxi bookings this is the info:

OK Speed Marketing GmbH & Co. KG
Tel : +49(0) 2691 932020
Fax: +49(0) 2691 932017
Email : ringtaxi@ok-speedmarketing.com

This is offcial info off a business card I took off the counter at the Ring Taxi Hut.

Saw your first video - looks like the two M5's were the fastest vehicles on the track; even faster than the bikes. Was the track damp? Great video.

Fireblade;326521 said:
Saw your first video - looks like the two M5's were the fastest vehicles on the track; even faster than the bikes. Was the track damp? Great video.

Dude, those YouTube videos are not mine lah! Just wanted to give an idea of what it was like since my own video was screwed up.

I do have a copy the guy in front made with his camera.... same quality as the youtube one's.

I must say their experience is very similar if not identical.

The only difference I guess is that when we went out the track is empty as the track was closed to 'tourists' due to fog. It added to the thrill in that sense as the driver didnt have to weave through traffic.

If you want that (I could call it mine :rolleyes: i guess) its 498mb in size. I'm trying to figure out a way to make it more manageable.

hehehehehe :love:

Landie.jpg

Jipster;330012 said:
hehehehehe :love:

Landie.jpg

dude - u got the letter 'W' in between ur legs laaaa .... Pussy meow sure gonna love that ... :rock:

It had to be the 'W'.... it was the only letter big enough to..... wahahahahaha...

Jipster;330101 said:
It had to be the 'W'.... it was the only letter big enough to..... wahahahahaha...

W = woman
u shud have the letter 'P' or something ... :top:

thanks for sharing the experiece! pretty cool dude.... now i wanna go too.

Thanks slide.... we should have an offsite TT!! Now thats an idea :)

Apparently members of the 'Malaysian Supercar Club' (is there one?) have also made it to the Nurburgring... a bunch of them.... according to the ringhaus guys....

My taxi ride bud Noel sent me his 'after' pic..... we couldnt stop grinning LOL ....

NurburgringNordschleifeBMWAfterLapf.jpg

Bend names - Breidscheid revisited...

Breidscheid aka " a wide forest clearing"....The bend closest to the town of the same name (not Adenau as I noted in an earlier post - jipster). Told you they lacked imagination. Breidscheid is the lowest point on the circuit. Two explanations have been suggested. First, in older German a 'Scheideweg' means a junction where one way splits into two, and 'Breit' means broad, so Breidscheid may describe a place where a wide route splits. So effectively 'broad junction'. Second, 'breit' still meaning broad and 'Scheid' means a forest strip, so Breidscheid may mean a wide forest strip. Source: Ben Lovejoy (photos are mine though :) )

As you pan from left... downhill.... approach a sweeping lefthander....

P1010509.jpg

as you pan right.... from a lefthander switches to a right hander climbing uphill .... somewhere down this part is another entrance to the track - SEE RED ARROW - you can exit here as well but from what I saw bloody dangerous as you are exposed on the right handside until you exit via a narrow lane...

P1010504-1.jpg

The exit here is near the Hotel An Der Nordschleife .... check out this funny but real vid on youtube of 2 guys entering the track this way... its called the "7 second 'Ring king"... a must watch! cringe-worthy stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4Qxic6qj3E

Noel, my Ring Taxi ride buddy pointed out this nice little webcam site with live webcast of whats happening at the entry gates to the Nordschleife ..... real cool stuff of no apparent value at all but what the hay LOL :D

Link is http://julesperry.com/nurburgring/

Officially known as the Nurburgring Nordschleife Touristenfahrten Webcam. Coverage is, as far as I can tell 24x7x365 barring power loss etc.

I just took this off the website.... looks like a busy Sunday!

22 June 11.20am

22June1120am.jpg

22 June 11.30am

22June1130am.jpg

22 June 11.40am

22June1140am.jpg

22 June 11.50am

22June1150am.jpg

22 June 12noon

22June12noon.jpg

22 June 12.10pm

22June1210pm.jpg

6 photos shown taken in 10 minute intervals right over the toll gates entering the track (all credits to website owner Julian Perry... nice one mate! :rock:).

My own pics of toll gate area :cool:

P1010456.jpg

P1010488.jpg

P1010490.jpg

Lee,

I propose that the club organise a trip to Germany.

The trip could include:-

i) Frankfurt Motor Show
ii) Driving on the Autobahn/Nurburging
iii) visiting BMW/Porche/Mercedes Factory

It may take sometime to organise and may cost each person anything between RM10-15k for say 2 weeks but it surely would be an enjoyable trip.

Forumers like Jipster can contribute by sharing their experiences.

It would really be something to look forward to.

awsomeeee pics bro.
enjoyed it much. i was at the ring last year on
my bike but was not allowed in la.:mad:
cause uncles bike had to much 'barang' and top speeeed was and
still is 90-110 kmh !!!! ha ha ha ........so much for the experience.

Top Bottom