The Nurburgring

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
na993;325560 said:
Bro Loafer - ouch, it is quite expensive- guess it would be, as its rented out for Ring use.- you could do worse than being chauffered around by Sabine.
Bro Jipster - thanks for sharing and look forward to seeing more pics and hopefully your video of your ring taxi ride.
Closest i've been to the ring is a lap in my white e92 M3... in the comfort of my home via GTR 2 :wink:

Yea very pricey, but they do have some really nice cars for rental though :)

I'd love for a taxi ride with Sabine. I still remember the episode on season6 of Top Gear :)

Jipster, thank you so much for those lovely pictures. I think I'll for fire up my rusty old R34 for a run on the ring in GT4 LOL!

You know what would be great? A trip organized by BMWCM for a visit to the Nurburgring :) Doesn't have to be a lavish trip we could all go budget style. I'd go! :)

Jipster!

Great to see that your dream trip finally came thru! Yup, its not cheap but I guess you're now the talk of town. More so if you drove it urself!

Your price for the food & lodging are dirt cheap.......esp the hotel!

If u r still there - get me a small sticker ( the one with the track ouline ) and i will re-imburse u. :)

Keep the pictures coming! ( video too...)

so, do they rent out transponders? any 'hall of fame' board on display?

nice coverage man!

adliz;325625 said:
so, do they rent out transponders? any 'hall of fame' board on display?

nice coverage man!

transponders? you mean the watch like thing to get in the track? I guess you get them when you pay for a multi entry pass. Most people just get the normal ticket thing which looks like a parking ticket ...

Thanks mate... it was something I had to do!

Jules;325623 said:
Jipster!

Great to see that your dream trip finally came thru! Yup, its not cheap but I guess you're now the talk of town. More so if you drove it urself!

Your price for the food & lodging are dirt cheap.......esp the hotel!

If u r still there - get me a small sticker ( the one with the track ouline ) and i will re-imburse u. :)

Keep the pictures coming! ( video too...)

No such luck mate. I'm already at Frankfurt airport (its 19 May 10.40am here). Anyway, it wouldnt do to have too many in KL running around with Ring stickers would it.... there wouldnt be any exclusivity right? hehehehehe... sorry mate.

The cost can be lower if you ate less and shared costs. Porblem is I'm always hungry so I eat constantly :)

na993;325560 said:
Bro Loafer - ouch, it is quite expensive- guess it would be, as its rented out for Ring use.- you could do worse than being chauffered around by Sabine.
Bro Jipster - thanks for sharing and look forward to seeing more pics and hopefully your video of your ring taxi ride.
Closest i've been to the ring is a lap in my white e92 M3... in the comfort of my home via GTR 2 :wink:

well I dont have one of those things in my house so had to do the real thing LOL!!

So what did I find in the car park of the Ring?

First up, the glorious nakedness of the Ariel Atom…
P1010541.jpg

I do apologise for the 'overexposed' look of the photos... probably due to the fog (or I'm just a lousy photographer.... wait till I get a DSLR....).

On to the post......

About them Porsche's....they are like the Borg really…. resistance is futile fools!

P1010561.jpg

You know whats the best thing about the fog?

Only the Taxis are allowed to run in these conditions!! Hurayyyyy!! There’s still a chance then….

In the melee of the car park, the two M5 ring taxis come and go dropping off their passengers and picking up new ones… you can hear them crackle when they stop…. heat dissipating… also smell them (brakes? clutch?)….
P1010590.jpg

So the time comes….

I hook up with my new found friend Noel, an Aussie dude who’s in oil and gas and has been on holiday for the last 4-5 weeks now (he’s going to the Monte Carlo GP next…. lucky bugger!).

Noel has kindly allowed me to join his taxi ride and split the cost… wohooooo!

So its off to the BMW Ring Taxi ‘hut’….(Noel is the big bloke with the red and blue anorak like thing)...
P1010548.jpg

Finally our time comes!

Taxi 2 comes in and our names were called…. Noel sits in front (its his ticket after all) and me and Spaniard gets in the back…

What follows next is the most explosive and incredible ride I have ever had period!

ABSOLUTELY and UTTERLY FANTASTIC!!!

You've made it dude !!! A life time experience ... Sorry - i can't make it this time ...

Now - who will be the first from BMWCM to be driven by Sabine .... :top:

"What about the videos" you ask.....

OK these are deposited at photobucket.... dunno if it will work.... if my "outstanding photography" is anything to go by the videos will be crap too and they are surprise surprise!

Try again…. In this one I am hysterical and I cant understand what the Spaniard is saying….

And again……me hysterical (again)…..I’m in a Ring taxi… duh!…. The karussel is attacked here…. A left hand banked hairpin…. faarrrrrrrrrkkkkkk....

Top Bottom