The New 5 Series - 2017 G30

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anxious

Club Guest
The new BMW 5 series was unveiled in October 2016. It was made available to the press for test drives in Portugal soon thereafter.

It was "launched" officially in the flesh to the public in January 2017 (ie last week) at the Detroit Motor Show. It goes on sale in UK, Europe, US and Australia in February 2017, ie in a month’s time.

The CBU units scheduled to arrive on our shores in Mar/Apr 2017, with CKD following suit later this year.

Two salesmen from 2 different dealers have informed me that the indicative price for the entry level 530i will be about RM360k - RM390K.

i am told that dealers are taking bookings for the G30 now.

I also understand that the CBU 530i will probably not be an Msport model. We will most likely not get any diesels due to our B10 biodiesel policy.

The 520i seems to be dropped, so entry level petrol engine will be the 530i which will use the newer B48 engine with slightly higher hp and torque than the outgoing 528i.

There will probably also be a 540i but that would likely be prived closer to RM500k being a 6 cylinder twin turbo.

An indication of BMW Malaysia's models and options may be deduced from the 730i and 740i being currently offered.

The 530e, due launched in UK/US in March will be interesting but due to the backlog in the X5 hybrid, we will probably need to wait 2-3 years before it hits Malaysia.

That would mean 2019 or 2020. With the introduction of the G30 5 series literally around the corner, I suggest to the moderator that a new thread on the G30 under 5 series be included in the forum and this thread be moved there so members can share information on this car which poses to be the most exciting BMW this year.

Please feel free to share any information you may have on the G30 in this thread.

Overseas, the dealers are so transparent about the models to be launched, options available etc.

Just search the internet and read the forums.

Yet in Malaysia where we pay amongst the highest prices in the world for cars, we are kept in the dark.

So guys, please feel free to share whatever information that you may come across.

Thanks.

Dear anxious,

I have moved this thread to the new sub forum I had just created for the G30. Have fun in the new section!

Tq Joonsuan.

Anyone know what option we will be getting for the G30.

They should be bringing the 530i but what line.

Any inside information ?

Bro, i think everyone is waiting for u to receive urs. Including me!!

Just took delivery of my G30 530i today.

Initial opinion. Excellent car. Super quiet and smooth.

Updates and pics soon.

I also managed to get 7% off the list price as fleet discount available to members of professional body.

anxious said:
Just took delivery of my G30 530i today.

Initial opinion. Excellent car. Super quiet and smooth.

Updates and pics soon.
Congrats bro!! Might want to start a new thread to document ur ride's journey.

anxious said:
I also managed to get 7% off the list price as fleet discount available to members of professional body.
fleet discount = corporate discount?
thats a great deal!

radagust said:
fleet discount = corporate discount?
thats a great deal!
Yes. Corporate discount.

However, with the 530e launch in Malaysia almost a certainty, there is certainly better pricing to look forward to.

See https://paultan.org/2017/04/28/gallery-g30-bmw-530e-iperformance-full-details/

My bet is that the 530e will be priced at RM348k as the 330e was priced at RM248k.

If an equivalent corporate discount is available then the 530e may be priced after discount at a vey attractive RM323k or so.

That would be about RM50k less than what I got my car for.

An interesting comparison of 530i vs 530e is at http://www.bmwblog.com/2017/01/14/bmw-530i-vs-bmw-530e-buy/

Anyway, that's information for all you guys thinking of getting the G30 in the future.

As for me, it's time for me to enjoy my ride.

Hi all,

I'm seeing a huge banner in BKK. Almost no one can miss it! :67:

Attachments

• 11.gif
    11.gif
    19.2 KB · Views: 10
anxious said:
Bro, pls share/PM which professional body provides 7%... having test driven the car, still undecided and I am taking the wait and see approach as there's too much electronic integration that kept me a tad on the sidelines. Don't get the same feeling I got when I first tested the E90... terus sign!! LOL!! Maybe that's just me..
And yes, would expect a much lower pricing for the 530e, with MB E-class CKD 50k price tag difference..

If you are a lawyer, accountant or doctor and are registered with the Bar Council, MIA or MMA, you may be entitled to a fleet/corporate discount of between 6-7%. You need to check with your Salesman. Mercedes also got similar promo.

Pricing wise, I think the 530e will be priced at about RM350k with all the options thrown in.

However, I couldn't wait any longer so I took the plunge.

As for the CKD E Class, it was never an option for me as I don't fancy the Mercedes.

Top Bottom