The Lancer GT 2.0 in Langkawi for RM71.8k!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anxious

Club Guest
The Lancer GT 2.0 (fully imported) is selling in Langkawi for RM71.8k. see http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.my/sho ... ngkawi.php I cannot understand why the Inspira 2.0 with 26% local parts is priced RM94k in Peninsular Malaysia. In fact the Inspira 2.0 is priced at RM85k in Langkawi? See http://www.arenakereta.com/2010/10/16/s ... lah-bocor/ This is really absurd. Having booked the 2.0 Inspira last week, I now am very dissapointed with this pricing differential . Can someone explain how a Malaysia car with 26% local parts cost more than a fully imported CBU from Japan?

nizer;576957 said:
langkawi no tax island maa..

I know but both of the prices are for Langkawi. Inspira is RM85k and Lancer GT RM72k.

How do they justify the RM13k difference. Are they really that inefficient or is it profiteering?

Guess... Proton is trying to bring the Inspira to the price range of VIOS and CITY .. it is not about tax or local parts. Sad.....

Wud it be possible the 26% local content actually jack up the final price pre tax/levy whatever?...hence the full cbu lancer becomes cheaper?

shaifulo;576992 said:
Wud it be possible the 26% local content actually jack up the final price pre tax/levy whatever?...hence the full cbu lancer becomes cheaper?

you got that spot on bro.

shaifulo;577066 said:
i guess i made the right choice of stopped buying proton since 1993 :rock:

Anxious you should follow his step also. Sorry to say. E36 328 is much much more better than inspira & maybe cheaper to maintain too. Even if more expensive to maintain it is Ultimate Driving Machine. Now cancel your inspira the Ultimate Copycat Machine

initialM;577191 said:
Anxious you should follow his step also. Sorry to say. E36 328 is much much more better than inspira & maybe cheaper to maintain too. Even if more expensive to maintain it is Ultimate Driving Machine. Now cancel your inspira the Ultimate Copycat Machine

The car is for my wife. She just needs a car to replace our aging Waja and doesnt want a second hand car.

When I heard that Proton was rebadging the Lancer and having driven the Lancer, it thought it would be prefect until I found out that they are fleecing us on the pricing!

What I still cannot understand is why w/o taxes(in Langkawi), which reflects the base price, the Lancer at RM72k is RM13k cheaper than the Inspira at RM85k?

If that is the cost of rebadging and localization, Proton will never be able to compete w/o protectionism.

Proton can't even keep the cost of a CKD down. RM13k extra for new suspension set up is ridiculous. It is mind bogling how some people can defend Proton.

Becos of one man's dream that we have a car industry, every single car owning Malaysian has had to pay the price by propping up Proton for the past 25 years.

25 years later, Proton turns a full circle to back where it started ie rebadging Mitsubishis. I dont really mind that as at least we get better quality cars. What I cannot accept is that after 25 years we are still required to prop up Proton by paying inflated prices for Proton itself.

Some may say that RM13k extra is to help pay Proton's workers salary and the development cost. What development cost? Its a Lancer with different bumpers/seats , rims ,tyres and suspension.

What about the millions of Malaysians who have to continue to subsidise a company which after 25 years cannot stand on its own and in all honesty will not be able to do so in another 25 years.

A nations dream has now turned into anightmare. We should cut losses. The only viable solution for Proton would be to do contract manufacturing like DRB and Inokom.Maybe then we will get an Inspira that costs less than a Lancer w/o taxes.

Isn that what Taiwan did with Lancer Fortis. see http://www.cmc-motor.com/products/lancer_fortis/

If am not wrong the RM13K is sales tax..

anxious;577780 said:
What I still cannot understand is why w/o taxes(in Langkawi), which reflects the base price, the Lancer at RM72k is RM13k cheaper than the Inspira at RM85k?

If that is the cost of rebadging and localization, Proton will never be able to compete w/o protectionism.

Proton can't even keep the cost of a CKD down. RM13k extra for new suspension set up is ridiculous. It is mind bogling how some people can defend Proton.

Becos of one man's dream that we have a car industry, every single car owning Malaysian has had to pay the price by propping up Proton for the past 25 years.

25 years later, Proton turns a full circle to back where it started ie rebadging Mitsubishis. I dont really mind that as at least we get better quality cars. What I cannot accept is that after 25 years we are still required to prop up Proton by paying inflated prices for Proton itself.

Some may say that RM13k extra is to help pay Proton's workers salary and the development cost. What development cost? Its a Lancer with different bumpers/seats , rims ,tyres and suspension.

What about the millions of Malaysians who have to continue to subsidise a company which after 25 years cannot stand on its own and in all honesty will not be able to do so in another 25 years.

A nations dream has now turned into anightmare. We should cut losses. The only viable solution for Proton would be to do contract manufacturing like DRB and Inokom.Maybe then we will get an Inspira that costs less than a Lancer w/o taxes.

Isn that what Taiwan did with Lancer Fortis. see http://www.cmc-motor.com/products/lancer_fortis/

I am talking about Langkawi to Langkawi prices. The same taxes on Lancer should apply to Inspira in Langkawi. I cany imagine Inspira paying more taxes that Lancer in Langkawi.

The price difference can only be due to additional profit or cost!

Or maybe, Mitsubishi is jacking up the price of all the parts for its Lancer they are selling to Proton to overprice the Inspira a bit.

Spaceman;577904 said:
So is the interior of Inspira similar to the Mit Lancer 2.0?

Haven't seen any pics online of the interior. I bet it will be made using Malaysian cheap plasticky stuff. It will look roughly like the Lancer with less gizmo and not-so-flush fittings a-la Wira/Satria and old lancer.

Top Bottom