The famous 90km/h vibration

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

skinhead

Club Guest
Just wanna share my experience tht i had on my car. I changed the upperarm&lower arm bush bout 50,000km ago. got 17" RD rims installed on my car bout 1 1/2 years ago + new 235/45/17 tyres installed with it..been experiencing vibration @around 90km/h recently (bout 5-6mths). so my first suspect ofcos wud be the upper arm bush. checked both were solid as new..i even check whole nut bolts, u name it ive checked it but everything were intact...wt#$% :eek:next rebalanced the tyres (off wheel), the vibration @90km/h reduced, but still can feel on steering wheel... still not happy but atleast betta than b4.just now i went and change all the tires... threads are still ok on old tires but not happy as noisy on highway...on the way back, steering felt solid @90km/h wt*&^^ , i drive all the way back 90km/h for a while becos havnt drive @tht speed for some time due to the bad vibration. so its cuntfirm tht tires can cos those infamous 90km/h vibration, apat from upperarm bushes... so guys...if u hv the symptom, anuther thing to check is ur bad tires....:rock:

I had similar vibration after very stupid mechanic decided to spot weld washers onto my longshaft because he lost the clips for the universal joints...
fixed after he replaced longshaft for free :p

i checked everything.. changed everything... but solved d problem when i got the centre long shaft rebalanced

Thanks for the tips bro. Selamat Hari Raya, long time no see eh .. Call me lah, I lost ur number

Had a slight wobble at 90km/h too and traced it to a worn out ball joint on the tie rod. Had it replaced and wah lah wobble was gone. :)

integramania;258777 said:
bro skinhead....how much were the upper arms?

i dunno la bro now the price, u can call BA for quote. i bot new upper arms+ bushes+ alu lower arms bout rm 1200 few years ago... ass-pantsive :burnout:

skinhead;258504 said:
Just wanna share my experience tht i had on my car. I changed the upperarm&lower arm bush bout 50,000km ago. got 17" RD rims installed on my car bout 1 1/2 years ago + new 235/45/17 tyres installed with it..

been experiencing vibration @around 90km/h recently (bout 5-6mths). so my first suspect ofcos wud be the upper arm bush. checked both were solid as new..i even check whole nut bolts, u name it ive checked it but everything were intact...wt#$% :eek:

next rebalanced the tyres (off wheel), the vibration @90km/h reduced, but still can feel on steering wheel... still not happy but atleast betta than b4.

just now i went and change all the tires... threads are still ok on old tires but not happy as noisy on highway...on the way back, steering felt solid @90km/h wt*&^^ , i drive all the way back 90km/h for a while becos havnt drive @tht speed for some time due to the bad vibration. so its cuntfirm tht tires can cos those infamous 90km/h vibration, apat from upperarm bushes... so guys...if u hv the symptom, anuther thing to check is ur bad tires....:rock:
Bro Skinhead,

I aso experienced the same problem. Macam-macam I do to overcome the problem. Finally I change the tyre, barulah ok. Rupanya the old tyresudah "bengkak" lah bro. Anyway still wobble when I brake, tak tau apa masalah lagi. Ada cadangan ka?

same problem...timbang tayar,alignment semua buat..pomen cakap tyre kurang bagus walau pun baru beli dan pakai 2 hari..last skali,timbang kuda..problem solved!!!no vibration at all..

BLaCkHoWLiNG;258519 said:
i checked everything.. changed everything... but solved d problem when i got the centre long shaft rebalanced

Bro, where did you send the long shaft for balancing.

nannordin;300281 said:
Bro Skinhead,

I aso experienced the same problem. Macam-macam I do to overcome the problem. Finally I change the tyre, barulah ok. Rupanya the old tyresudah "bengkak" lah bro. Anyway still wobble when I brake, tak tau apa masalah lagi. Ada cadangan ka?

go check ur front brake disk, its warped....

I have checked all possiblities,

lower arm & bushes, brake disc, balancing of propeller shaft, tyre balancing and alingment .. but problem still there .... is there any other possibilities ?

Yazid

JYazid;300396 said:

lower arm & bushes, brake disc, balancing of propeller shaft, tyre balancing and alingment .. but problem still there .... is there any other possibilities ?

Yazid

Cuba check itu steering rack.

mine also had the problem....first i fixed the coupling/bush that holds the main centre shaft in the middle...it got better....then when i changed rims had the problem again coz the rims didnt fit the centre hub properly...so i had to machine a set of centre cones (since the standard one was too thin)....now its better but still not perfect

JYazid;300396 said:

Yazid

Bro,

Check pls check inside yr dash, maybe u accidently turn on the vibrator:eek:
cabutsssssss

Top Bottom