Take 3-5 second to reverse

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

eagle171

Club Guest
hi to all member,i want to ask about my bimmer when i put my gear in R to reverse,it take 3-5 second to respond,it that a problem with my gearbox,maybe sifoo can help me about this thing tq.

your transmission is lack of atf. check the level of your atf. the might be leaking on ur transmission sump.

hope this helps :)

eagle171,

please intro yourself in the newbies section for other forumers to welcome you.

hellgrace5;451639 said:
your transmission is lack of atf. check the level of your atf. the might be leaking on ur transmission sump.

hope this helps :)

If it is due to lack of ATF, then the problem should also exist for "Drive" mode.

Suspect that it could be due to choke solenoid valves.

Yes. Dint notice he dint mention "D" Drive xD.

@eagle171
please provide more info of your car status. atf level , recently chged atf etc

i had a experience with honda jazz with 20k km on clock. The transmission slips on 1st gear. After flushing and renew atf, everything works perfect.

Settle with your reverse gear poblem bro?
If not, do visit my workshop, PT Pantas at Tunjung KB (Just after pintu gerbang Majlis Daerah Ketereh fr KB).
Get your car diagnosed with GT1 first (it won't cost a bomb). The computer will know almost everything happened in there. Than you'll know what to do next. Or we can fix it straight away.
Its sure better than you just keep guessing, worse if you just go try-and-error fixing here and there. Most important, never change your ATF oil other than BMW or ZF (if yours use ZF tranny) if u're going to live long & happy with your BMWs.
Can call me, Mi at 019 3889012.

wanalimi;459130 said:
Most important, never change your ATF oil other than BMW or ZF (if yours use ZF tranny) if u're going to live long & happy with your BMWs.
Can call me, Mi at 019 3889012.

I totally agree with this... I change to dunno what atf, after 9 months driving, Gearbox 'kong' already. :eek:

chance's are very low ATF fluid causing the problem... time to open ur GB...

to be safe just follow specs, ie: Dextron III any brand..

Top Bottom