Swap E36 318i to M50/M52

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

awyeah

Club Guest
I have a 318i (M) M42/M43 engine specification. Is it possible to swap the engine to a 6 cylinder? M50/M52 2.0/2.3 litre? What are the parts that would be most likely needed for the swap? How much would it cost?

a complete front half car of a 325i e36.. with the longshaft, axle and exhaust...if manual, just the front only(no need gearbox)

labour about 3k max, half car 7k, some oils/parts 3k....JPJ endorsement 1.5k....
somemore, the original ones are going for the same price..

Thanks for the info bro. Based on this, it will cost around 10k+ to swap my engine to a vanos one inclusive that I sell my engine and the parts.

I believe a better/cheaper solution would be in purchasing a 325 then. Thanks :)

awyeah;516284 said:
Thanks for the info bro. Based on this, it will cost around 10k+ to swap my engine to a vanos one inclusive that I sell my engine and the parts.

I believe a better/cheaper solution would be in purchasing a 325 then. Thanks :)

You are absolutely right!:rock: Many do not realize that conversions are like opening pandora's box.....Besides the engine, transmisssion and wiring, you need to also factor in the cost of brakes, ALL suspension components, longshaft and the correct differential....

Top Bottom