Suspension like kaput!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

portse7en

Club Guest
Hello Sifus,Need ur experience and opinion.After I changed my standard alloys to 18", all the suspensions sounds like kaput when i coincidentally hit small hole (not a very small hole la). When I change back to standard alloys, its fine!Is that because the suspensions totally gone or the thick of the tyre do their part in this case?

i aint no sifu but i think wht ur experiencing is part and parcel of using bigger rims as the ride tends to feel more harsh...

dont forget tht by using 18",ur tyres r definately lower profile so any vibrations absorbed by the 18" will be more pronounced...

where as if u use the stock rims and tyres the absorbsion is less pronounced due to the fact tht the tyres r of a bigger profile...

dont take my word for it though...lets wait and c wht the sifu's say(i'm only running running on 15" for my e30 mah...)

rgds,
-brad-

The suspension sound like kaput because of the thin sidewall and the tyre pressure (not more than 33psi). Anywhere if the suspension not so good it will also give the same problem. U want comfort got with the standard.
My 18 still not so bad, ok with good susp.

yar lor.definitely.large sized tyres have lower aspect ratio/profile thus less rubber between the rims and the road to absorb all the shock from road imperfections and all the freakin pot holes.

Facing the same problem with 18" on my e36. The shake can be felt even running over a small stone, Reduced the air pressure to about 30Psi, Not that bad but the bottom of car will scrape the hump.

So I think 18" look good but not for daily drive in our pot holed road. So maybe the 17" is the limit?

i run on 18" also

is like tat one lo

i think if get the yellow B. performance shockie

lagi goyang

aiyaa... i tot im the one got this prob!

so if we jump to good suspension like eibach+blistein, its still wont help much rite? or wrong :(

pasang eibach+blistien lagi goyang oh, nanti muntah lah on malaysia boleh pot hoolee..............tapi conering goooooodddd

Originally posted by tkew@Apr 14 2006, 06:30 PM
pasang eibach+blistien lagi goyang oh, nanti muntah lah on malaysia boleh pot hoolee..............tapi conering goooooodddd
+ have to send car to Car Wash..to clean the VOMIT :D

Originally posted by portse7en@Apr 14 2006, 05:55 PM
aiyaa... i tot im the one got this prob!

so if we jump to good suspension like eibach+blistein, its still wont help much rite? or wrong :(
so how's your car right now dude ??/

u can try Ground Control Suspension for racing spec....

bilstein PSS9 for sport & lil comfortable when driving...

Any tyre shop will be able to help you out man ...... bought for 2 months already and not installed?
Come on man, put it on. I dont know how you can tahan man..... I definitely can't.

Originally posted by GreenGhost@May 3 2006, 10:56 AM
Any tyre shop will be able to help you out man ...... bought for 2 months already and not installed?
Come on man, put it on. I dont know how you can tahan man..... I definitely can't.
Heheh... i cannot tahan also... Damn envy when look at other people slam their baby.
But have to cope up with new house... go there.. . go here... SSF lee.. Ikea lee.. until now the absober still in store room.

I want to refill aircond gas also dont have time. Little bit sauna lorr.

But hopefully by this weekend everything's done!

p/s: can also go to 3er TT at Mutiara damansara :D

Originally posted by leakwoon@May 3 2006, 11:42 AM
lol...

if me once purchase must install immediate

how to tahan

lol
Actually these are one of the problem if u a married man :) .Not enough time and some how the wife always argue. Not enough time for family lee... 24hours with car leee...spend money for car no problem, spend money to shop around got prob ...want to balik kampung lee... bla.. blaa.. blaaa...

So those all things lee.. make the absobers still in store room :D

Hi porte,

Can try MPS Auto near Sunway. Their workmanship is good and professional. Did my installation of my shock, spring, alightment, camber there. Probably cost you around RM300 something.

As for ride quality be prepare to suffer a bit. The yellows are stiff but like other forumers says good for cornering.

I just want to add a bit of personal experience here. Good for cornering on even roads. On uneven corners, the shocks are too stiff.

The car tends to bounce too much and become unbalance and nervous.

Top Bottom