SuperCharger E39

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ess530i;334130 said:
leforte you are damn right about BHP petrol it practically sucked half of my car's power. more intriguing is how this petrol can be rated at 97 octane (doesn't this mean with 'infinity 97'?). felt like they added alcohol to the fuel, similar to my 'gasohol' experience in Thailand...not that i got better fuel economy

well that's what happen after a petroleum company is handled over to a local company who has no experience/interest in the industry. should have just hand it over to petronas ... :rolleyes:

Someone in the club have already installed SC on his 523 for quite sometime now and it runs beautifully.

my aim is just a mere 50hp extra, just for the fun of a little extra pull of in straight stretch out,
no big plans but if a simple few items bolted on is enough.. maybe for the moment

e39-Boy;628184 said:
my aim is just a mere 50hp extra, just for the fun of a little extra pull of in straight stretch out,
no big plans but if a simple few items bolted on is enough.. maybe for the moment

Bro e39-boy, do keep us posted on your SC hunting.

look for a twin screw supercharger, boost kicks in much further and sounds more suitable for the bit of fun you're looking for. or for about 50hp you might as well just go with 3.2 liter normally aspirated with US M3 internals. less headache.

If u subscribe to the saying "do it right the first time" I would strongly recommend a twin screw charger set up+manual transmission on an e39. Trust me there will only be wide grins and no regrets :)

fandango;635626 said:
If u subscribe to the saying "do it right the first time" I would strongly recommend a twin screw charger set up+manual transmission on an e39. Trust me there will only be wide grins and no regrets :)

Care to elaborate a little bit?

I guess most if not all of bros here would recommend Twin Screw supercharger. If not mistaken BVO also offers ASA SC. Any bro has any comments on ASA?

For new set of TS2 for M54, be prepared to spend around RM25k to RM30k.

bmw23;635594 said:
have read that Rotrex (C Type SC) with cost starting from RM7000 by Vision Auto Sport Sdn Bhd as advert in current Hypertune mag ( Fast & furios). Rotrex website http://www.rotrex.com/Home/Supercharger_Experience/Kits_Cars.aspx show 270 HP from stock 193 for 525 e39 ..with rotex c30-84... any advice from fellow member!!!

My 3.2L inline-6 with Rotrex C30-94 and manual transmission makes 315hp and 380Nm on wheel, so should be about 360hp and 420Nm on wheel.

ay39;635627 said:
Care to elaborate a little bit?

Well the unit I drove was a m54b25 with a 3.0 stroker kit and m3 cams. It had a torque curve as flat as a pancake and it pulls like a donkey on steroids right from idle. Extremely good throttle response. The clutch was surprisingly light, and gear throw was precise, short. According to the owner, she was putting down 400nm on wheel. It had a 2.93 final drive so it was really FUN to drive :)

For ASA -
Plug and play but if the bearing starts to whine - costly to replace. Last quote to replace the bearing - EUR 1.8k ! Like buying new !
Power wise - expect circa 10 - 15% increase.
Twin Screw is nicer .. :)

fandango;635697 said:
Well the unit I drove was a m54b25 with a 3.0 stroker kit and m3 cams. It had a torque curve as flat as a pancake and it pulls like a donkey on steroids right from idle. Extremely good throttle response. The clutch was surprisingly light, and gear throw was precise, short. According to the owner, she was putting down 400nm on wheel. It had a 2.93 final drive so it was really FUN to drive :)

Bro fandango,

I believe your m54b25 was with manual gear and any idea about the pricing of stroker kit & m3 cams?

herbert;635858 said:
Bro fandango,

I believe your m54b25 was with manual gear and any idea about the pricing of stroker kit & m3 cams?

How I wished it was my ride! It belongs to a soft-spoken, unassuming chap, conservatively dressed, looks a bit like a nerdy professor...hardly someone you would associate with modding cars! i think he's even got an LSD installed...damn...

so unfortunately i don't have an accurate idea of costs but i could speculate if you like:

1. E39 manual conversion - RM15000?
2. Twin scru unit + tuning + installation - RM15,000?
3. 3.0 stroker + M3 cams - RM8000?
4. LSD - RM2000?

So RM40k = :):):):) (one smiley=100NM=RM10,000) :p

paultantk;635664 said:
My 3.2L inline-6 with Rotrex C30-94 and manual transmission makes 315hp and 380Nm on wheel, so should be about 360hp and 420Nm on wheel.

now imagine what would happen if you switched the rotrex to a turbo! 315whp would become 515whp. hahaha.

but twin screw is still very nice for daily driving speed pangs. cant go wrong there.

Herbert: stroker would prob cost you circa 8k +/-. for supercharging, more cc would give you more power and response. So if you can afford to stroke then supercharge, would be a good combo. turbo you dont have to increase the cc, but your auto gearbox would die a quick death.

fandango;635870 said:
How I wished it was my ride! It belongs to a soft-spoken, unassuming chap, conservatively dressed, looks a bit like a nerdy professor...hardly someone you would associate with modding cars! i think he's even got an LSD installed...damn...

so unfortunately i don't have an accurate idea of costs but i could speculate if you like:

1. E39 manual conversion - RM15000?
2. Twin scru unit + tuning + installation - RM15,000?
3. 3.0 stroker + M3 cams - RM8000?
4. LSD - RM2000?

So RM40k = :):):):) (one smiley=100NM=RM10,000) :p

new twin screw is about rm30k :)

but fandango, when the e39 with rm40k worth of mods comes behind you, you just smile and floor, and the poor e39 will be a small speck in your rear mirror :D :D

Top Bottom