Sunroof Issue

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

E60MSport

Club Guest
Dear fellow forummers,Would like to get some advice on what could be the issue for my car's sunroof. Roof tilts and slides well, but the sunroof's shade does not slide along with the glass panel when it is going back. Neither will it slide back a few inches with the glass panel tilted up. Would appreciate if someone could shed some light on this case. I sent the car in to AB, and they told me to replace the whole sunroof frame which costs RM5,149.00 excluding labour.Thanks.

I had the same problem when I did my roof re-wrap the idiot broke one of the bracket as it was not fixed properly, not able to source the part here and I have asked them to solder the bracket, and it has been a year and no news so far!
My bracket is with Lucky Jalan Ampang and if you have timeyou may wish to view the part that causing it< same symptom as yours, the tilt do not slides the sunroof upholstery board!

Thanks, beemer04.

I sent to ABKK, and they told me that the clips broke, and have to change the whole roof frame. I was thinking if there is a cheaper solution like what you said, soldering. Will try get a workshop to look into it. Unfortunately choices of sending to workshops are pretty limited here in KK :)

is it supposed to slide?? i didn't know that... I know it slides when opened but not when closed or when tilting... hmmmm must claim under warranty if this is so

Affan66, mine does not even slide when it opens. As far as I am concerned, the sunshade opens a few inches back upon tilting up. Too bad this is a recon unit. Tak dapat claim warranty =(

mine is recond too. still under warranty. not aware that it would open a bit when tilting up... will try it out later because normally I would slide the shade to the back first and then tilt up.

I don't think it's suppose to slide back la. Yes, it opens along when you slide it open but if it closes together by default what's the use of the glass unit then? ;) will check on the tilt later.....

What I meant is that, it won't even slide back even if the glass roof retracts into the roof, whereby it is suppose to. When closing, I know it will not close together with the glass roof.

Well, it turns out to be that my clips broke. Whole frame needs to be changed which is ridiculous. Will see if there are any alternatives to replace the clips. The sunroof clips for E60 is different from what the above link has shown, which is the E46 BMW.

hmmmm....will ask my mech and see if a cheaper alternative is possible ya. Will be seeing him sometime next week :)

Mine, when I open the sunroof the shade will open together. When I close it, only the glass will close not the shade. (H-Line Japan Specs)

WTA2525;610280 said:
Mine, when I open the sunroof the shade will open together. When I close it, only the glass will close not the shade. (H-Line Japan Specs)

Same here, that's standard.

Bro E60MSport, care to share if you did anything to break the clips? Or just one of those unfortunate things that happened one day.....

Actually I would prefer to do without the sunroof. Here in Malaysia, there's not much point of the thing. Only use is on cool cloudy days once in a while, and that too is novelty for the kids to stick their heads out. But on normal days, I find that once in a while I have to slide the roof back a bit and then close it back. Otherwise there is a rattling sound that comes when I hit bumpy patches.

Bro Alxy,

As far as I know, I have not done anything that could have caused the clips to break. Everything was working fine well before till one day I used the remote key to wind down the windows and open up the sunroof. That's where I noticed the shade was still in place when the glass was fully retracted. Am still looking for a way to fix this thing instead of having to change the whole frame RM6K + quoted by AB.

Top Bottom