Strut bar not fit - E30

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BGklenz

Club Guest
hi bro and sifu....Just asking, I already tried to install the strut bar (buy from phoneix) to my car but it would't fit. Why arr? Seem like the base of strut bar not same size with my car. Mine absorber's base is more shorter than that strut bar. Like this,......._______________..__/..............................\__ --->Strut bar (Ultra Racing).....__ .......................... ____/....\........................./....\_ -->My car's absorber base...........\....................../ ............|__________|Is't got any different between E30's??? :dunno: Mine is E30, 316, Coupe, Europe, Left Hand Drive, 1983

Did you install your bar with the car jacked off its wheels (i.e suspension in compression). If not try that and you'll see a difference.

AFAIK there should not be any difference in the strut tower dimension for E30s unless the strut tower had been damaged in an accident or something else. You can try Zaskar advice and see if it made a difference.

Zaskar. good one ;)

Ideology : Don't underestimate the power of the ignorant in large groups

Originally posted by bmwky@Jul 5 2006, 10:30 AM
AFAIK there should not be any difference in the strut tower dimension for E30s unless the strut tower had been damaged in an accident or something else. You can try Zaskar advice and see if it made a difference.

Zaskar. good one ;)

Ideology : Don't underestimate the power of the ignorant in large groups
you are WRONG!

e30 had 2 dimensions of the strut tower

earlier e30 with m10 engines had smaller width, and smaller absorber housing tube

if it's off by 2 inches, you have the smaller chasis type

accident wise, could be true, but it takes a major whack to damage the housing.

installation with the center jacked only if the car has been lowered, else it should be a straight top fit, yes there will be "wear" and movement of the struts housing, but a major difference is actually from the manufacturer itself

BGklenz,
how much off are the mountings , 1-2 inches?

i think they started converting in early 1984 away from m10, but bgk's is a m40b16.

back to you bgk....

yes, there are 2 different strut to strut measurement for the E30. The early batch chassis had the shorter strut to strut measurement.

Teejay, i think u r right. Runout about 2 inches.
Mine e30 originally is m10 engine. ;)

Bmwky, its ok i can sell to others member... No need to get refund.
:eek:k:

Appreciate this info....

Top Bottom