Strange noise from engine bay at high speed

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

DieSel

Club Guest
Folks,From last week, whenever I reach 170 - 180 km/h a strange noise comes from the engine bay. Can't describe the noise but it is like something rubbing. Not sure what this is. Anyone has similar experience?Cheers!

DieSel;708629 said:
Folks,

From last week, whenever I reach 170 - 180 km/h a strange noise comes from the engine bay. Can't describe the noise but it is like something rubbing. Not sure what this is. Anyone has similar experience?

Cheers!

Maybe timing belt needs tightening like mine did 2 months back? Better get it checked out quickly, DieSel bro.

docrayboy;709194 said:
Maybe timing belt needs tightening like mine did 2 months back? Better get it checked out quickly, DieSel bro.

Timing belt??? Diesel engine use this?

initialM;709312 said:
Timing belt??? Diesel engine use this?

Fan belt...hee hee....not very car-technical person as u can see...and auto cars no clutch pad too...hee hee

docrayboy;709318 said:
Fan belt...hee hee....not very car-technical person as u can see...and auto cars no clutch pad too...hee hee

If timing belt sure need to change every oil change for torquey turbodiesel hehehe.
U need to tighten your fan belt? Must be to much boosting la

docrayboy;709318 said:

Hi Bro Doc,

Appreciate the suggestion.

Spoke to Ingress and Kumar suggested something to test out. I placed my fingers on the windshield just behind the rear view mirror and pushed the windshield outwards. The noise stopped. It indicates poor sealing of the windshield. Many people have had this problem, it seems. Will get it repaired FOC at Ingress because I had replaced my windshield there sometime back. Thank God, it had nothing to do with the motor.

Cheerz!

Folks,

The windshield was reinstalled FOC. Tested to speeds up to 220 km/h. The strange noise is not there anymore. Thanks to Kumar and Ingress crew for the excellent troubleshooting and repair works.

Top Bottom