Steering Rack Repair

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Shahrir

Club Guest
Dear colleagues,

I am experiencing a leaking steering rack on my E46 and due to leak, I had to replace my power steering pump few months back (whining sound while turning the steering in static).

Instead of getting a recond replacement steering rack which would cost me total RM1,000 to replace, I think it would be more economical to repair it using the repair kit on condition the tie rods are still in good working condition. Does anyone know or can recommend a reliable workshop to undertake steering rack repair job?

Thanking you in advance.

if u can buy a rebuilt one at 800 - 1000.. buy and replace.. don bother repairing it yourself..

if you send to mechanic, repair kit RM400, labour for dismantling and installation RM200 and rebuilding of packing 150.. already 750. bagi orang untung sikit.. anyhing less than 1k.. is fair.

Mine is also leaking. Optimum quoted me RM1.2K to repair the thing. If cannot repair, then will source a used one for RM1.2K also. I feel it's quite overpriced. Any recommended place to get 2nd opinion? I'm also looking for a place to refresh my suspensions. The usual bushings and whatnot.

Also need to sort out the steering play and knocking noise over small bumps.

You can get recond ones from Munich Auto Jalan Ipoh for RM700 (trade-in old one) or RM900 without trade-in. A brand new rack from ZF will set you back around RM2.4k with warranty.

wingzee said:
You can get recond ones from Munich Auto Jalan Ipoh for RM700 (trade-in old one) or RM900 without trade-in. A brand new rack from ZF will set you back around RM2.4k with warranty.
Bro,

Mind sharing where can we purchase the new steering rack for RM2400 with warranty?

psv said:
Bro,

Mind sharing where can we purchase the new steering rack for RM2400 with warranty?
Bro, try Bomin Auto Jalan Ipoh in front of Kompleks Mutiara or Bavarian Auto chains

Hai members,Salam,saya baru join club ni,skrang Ada kat Melaka,jln2,kat mana shop yg maher baiki stearing rack,kat Kuantan Ada tak.tq!

Top Bottom