STEERING RACK FOR E30

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anakin

Official Member
I found 1 steering rack for E30 at chop shop, but the towkey honestly told me that he did't know if it is truly meant for E30 (as it was written BMW E30 on the rack) simply because he doesn't know anything about BMW!! Could somebody let me know about this rack. The serial no is: 7832 995 109 511830 1085, can it be fitted to E30 318i coz the price is reasonably cheap...RM200.00

Hi anakin,

Can't help you on the serial no.

I have previous experience where I changed my steering rack for my E30 with one from the chop shop. It lasted me about less then 2 years.
Then I went and change another from another chop shop (as the first chop shop has no stock). It leaked after I brought the car home. I ended up returning the second hand unit and replaced with a original one. Till now, no problem.

So you are taking the risk in getting the steering rack. Some more it is so cheap. Better check before you buy.

Cheers

Hi khongts

your psr original one mean new one?
if new how much does it cost?

cheers

pls check before buying

2 spots u should checks

1. both rubber boots....ensure no leak here + the rod is clean, not eroded
2. metal housing.....this is the tough one, need to dismantle to see inside, touch with your index finger to feel the internal surface still smooth '(over the years, the gear inside will 'makan' the metal surface, no seal kit can stop the leak anymore)

good luck with no. 2 :D

RM200 could be a steal if only it met the above, otherwise u r buying a piece of junk

Top Bottom