Steering lock

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

paksu

Club Guest
Hello all,... any body here know how to reset service counter? yesterday i sent car for oil and filter change but after that saw the mechanic reset my service counter to 25000 km, but forgot to ask them how they did that! they just turn the key and play with 2 stick on meter panel! is the preset 25000 km can be change to our prefrence milage ahh?... so next time intend to change oil and filter myself ... not so satisfied with the way they did...i mean our car, if we clean the deep stick we use clean cloth or tissue paper but they just wife it with dirty and sandy cloth. ... my experience last time sent car for oil change, after draining all completed then come to refill new oil then stupid workshop assistent find the "corong tuang minyak" after he discovered it found so much sand in it! he just gave some ketuk2 and put it to filling hole! fuhh so bad attitude of not caring people's car! i am stopping him doing that and just aking to just fill it straight away... so the moral of the story is .... don't leave yr car unattended for service ect... choose clean workshop esp the floor...dirty and sandy floor may cause dirty/sandy cleaning cloth !! the best way bring our tissue paper ourself n ask them to use it.... ...haiyaa i'm talk alot a...

wahhhhhh, paksu got his car loan approved and got his car already, show us some pic bro

y your topic is about steering lock but u r talking about meter reset after oil change?

so sorry la bro.. actually i wanna ask abt sterrig lock but o ask other thing... he hee.... ok lah .. abt pic i will snap it then put it in here... :rolleyes:

tq tq

T-rex steering lock seems to be good, but very expensive, i think around RM 500+ (this is the first time i see such expensive lock) but its very different from others, it has a remote transmiter (looks like your normal central alarm) to inform u of your car being broken into effective from a range of 1.3KM. But i think its difficult to steal an E46 lar even with standard alarm, so u can save your money and buy me burger king

mouse...
i use t-rex now but it without alarm one! just lock the steering only...
i wtill wonder how this kind of car using immobiliser still can be steal??
meaning that they have to cut the wire and rejoint it ...???? if like that they must so expert on it etc... :(

Wow Paksu, this is good news...congrats!!!

Yes please show some photos!!

Can you tell us how much and the mileage of your car?

...tq tq ok the milage is 105k km single lady owner always sent car at AB for servicing... ori paint and so far so satisfied...
...but can any sifu here tell me on ASC functionality... during drive when we press the ASC button the indicator will ON in dash board...is that mean ASC ON or OFF?? :p

Originally posted by paksu@Mar 17 2006, 09:40 PM
...tq tq ok the milage is 105k km single lady owner always sent car at AB for servicing... ori paint and so far so satisfied...
...but can any sifu here tell me on ASC functionality... during drive when we press the ASC button the indicator will ON in dash board...is that mean ASC ON or OFF?? :p
means off.. w/o indicator, its activated..! congrats man on yr choice..

i saw the AB service n lady driver.. do have a thorough checkup with yr mech on engine oil. . for me, i jsut tak boleh tahan with the 25k oil engine even though its based on oil quality, not on mileage readin.

if not for the warranty, i f them no time.. hehe. B)

pls post some pics of yr ride.

cheers man. :yahoo:

thanks jsen for info on ASC...
yeah lady driver got pro and cons... the pro is they always follow whatever scheduled without over due but the cons is if they follow schedule for oil change for every 25k km.... men will change it for 5-10k each... mine when mechanic drained out the oil it so black ... lucky the milage only shown 18k++ left

jsen a u using the xenon head light? any idea where can get it and how the price look like? is it possible to change only part inside instead of change a whole light unit?

Originally posted by paksu@Mar 19 2006, 03:20 AM
jsen a u using the xenon head light? any idea where can get it and how the price look like? is it possible to change only part inside instead of change a whole light unit?
bro,

check on this thread. http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/inde...wtopic=9464&hl=

yr headlight is not projector type(eg, e60 HL). as i know, the projector type is only available on facelifted version.. yr headlight n mine are the same, reflector headlight.

till now, i din see any pre-facelift with a projector type HL.

if u dun mind about it, no nd change HL, gettin a HID kit will do.. probably cost u ard RM900++ for the kit. but do remind u, as mentioned by danpromote in tat thread, the lights will smear...

happy huntin bro..

thanks jsen, i dont mind change it to HID probably it'll give me brighter light than now! i like sort of white light etc... u mean HID kit is only the part inside the light assembly? can we get it at Bavarian auto?

Originally posted by leakwoon@Mar 20 2006, 11:28 AM
wasei

cakap cakap lock

becum HID

bro bro all

pls come out TT lo

hehee
hahahahahaa...... starting alredy off topic.. so as well kasi 100% off topic la..

hmmm, paksu, BA dun have HId le... maybe u gotta check out the accessories shop or u can try online gettin it in www.ebay.com.my

u mean HID kit is only the part inside the light assembly?--> u r right!!

happy hunting dude.

wah jsen fast becoming i racun king ,i think the ebay fellow selling the hid is damm cheap also , but i dont know how to use the bidding part ...can some one try

Top Bottom