Steering become light and there is a tak sound while turning the steering wheel.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Gopi

Club Guest
The steering wheel has been come light and there is a mild free play while cruising on the highway. There is also a tak sound at times while turning the steering wheel. Please advise what would be the solution to rectify this problem. Does changing the steering rack will resolve this problem? How much will a steering rack set cost?Thanks & Regards,

If the sound is coming from under the dashboard when you turn the steering wheel left and right especially during standstill, it could be the same problem I faced with my 320d. Front suspension mountings broken-VERY dangerous problem-get it repaired immediately!

Gopi;719418 said:
The steering wheel has been come light and there is a mild free play while cruising on the highway. There is also a tak sound at times while turning the steering wheel. Please advise what would be the solution to rectify this problem. Does changing the steering rack will resolve this problem? How much will a steering rack set cost?

Thanks & Regards,

same goes to me, "we are the world"

I've check under carriage with my formen, wen for test drive and came to conclusion that the steering rack is at fault. I decided to change the steering rack into an original part which is costing me rm 3700. The part will be here on next thursday. Hope this will resolve the problem. Will keep u guys update bro.

Regards,
Gopi

Hi, same with my car now, most probably steering rack problem as oil leakage from steering rack, will change it ASAP.

Gopi;720816 said:
I've check under carriage with my formen, wen for test drive and came to conclusion that the steering rack is at fault. I decided to change the steering rack into an original part which is costing me rm 3700. The part will be here on next thursday. Hope this will resolve the problem. Will keep u guys update bro.

Regards,
Gopi

Hi Bro Gopi

Any update on your steering problem?

Cheers

Bros try to check your tie rod end, lower arm bush and both engine mounting of cause the PS pump and the steering rack too

Bro Hassnur,

I have changed the steering rack and the tie rods as well. Guess the problem is solved. It is very light now.

Bro Alex:

Is it normal for the steering to be light as I have changed the steering rack and tie rods.

Regards,
Gopi

Top Bottom