Starting engine with radio ON

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Mouse

Club Guest
I read somewhere in the forum that most of the members will start the engine with the A/C ON and face no problem. What about radio? Do u guys start your engine with radio ON? Any effect on the battery life? (i find it hassle to ON and OFF the radio everytime)

I left both ON

so far so good :)

i think if ur UDM dun have "ICE"

should be oki one lo

Originally posted by Mouse@Jun 5 2006, 09:24 AM
I read somewhere in the forum that most of the members will start the engine with the A/C ON and face no problem. What about radio? Do u guys start your engine with radio ON? Any effect on the battery life? (i find it hassle to ON and OFF the radio everytime)
wont effect the battery life bcoz we drive " Ultimate Driving Machine "

:yahoo: :D

I leave the aircon and the radio ON in my Honda and Merc when i switch off and start the car later. No ill effects over the decades. I would expect my BMW to at least live up to the same reputation also. (Yeah, and so far it has :) )

Originally posted by leakwoon@Jun 5 2006, 09:31 AM
I left both ON

so far so good :)

i think if ur UDM dun have "ICE"

should be oki one lo
I Start the engine the Aircond automatic on lohh.. :D

no problem, unless u got a lot of amps n others ICE at ur car :nyehehe:

This is one thing tha bugs me, especially the aircon, there's no way to turn it off!!!

If u switch iff the fan, take out the key, put it back in, the fan is on again.

So nowadays, i just leave it on.

Originally posted by daan@Jun 10 2006, 10:05 PM
This is one thing tha bugs me, especially the aircon, there's no way to turn it off!!!

If u switch iff the fan, take out the key, put it back in, the fan is on again.

So nowadays, i just leave it on.
Yeah. I was wondering about that. Thought it was unique to me! Obviously not. And obviously the UDM engineers did not think it would affect the battery life adversely by doing that...

Should be no problem, coz all the car now have a relay that turn in the aircon, when u start the car the aircon will wait for 3 second to turn on because of the relay.... so the same goes to udm. for the radio/ ICE only off i u have big amps..

no problem...
don't have to worry,cause it's an UDM... :nyehehe:
if ur car fitted amps in side,i think u shold turn off ur radio or player.. :D

Top Bottom